+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Kindle

Re: Kindle

razorback - They don't sell the Kindle 1 anymore, I don't think (except used by previous owners). The main difference between Kindle 2 and DX is size. I like the size of the K2 because I take it everywhere. If you're only going to be reading it at home... I don't know if I'd even get it then. The K2 is easy to hold (I have a cover, so it weighs more) but I don't how much heavier the DX is or whether it would be taxing to hold for long periods. I don't see the benefit of more memory 'cause you can always store extra books in your Amazon archives. I'll let you know if I feel differently if I ever reach the 1,500 book capability of the K2. Why are you considering the DX? That might help me answer better. Or go to a Kindle page at Amazon and read in the discussion forum. Or the customer reviews on the DX page.
    Count your blessings!

I'm naming my Kindle "Scheherazade". Every time I finish a book I start another one right away. Since I can't put a book down once I start reading it, I'm reading constantly.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'll bet it breaks your heart that you won't be able to download Sarah Palin's book onto "Scheherazade" until January!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm stumped on an answer for that.
    P.S. Any sentence referring to my Kindle that starts with "I'll bet it breaks..." takes 3 minutes off my life.
    Count your blessings!

I just heard that Amazon reduced the price from $299 to $249.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I just learned a neat trick for anyone who has a Kindle. When you're on Amazon in the Kindle book section, pick any category (fiction, nonfiction) and in the top right part of the screen the default is "best selling" but you can change it to "price, low to high". You will get all the free books first! Even if you don't have a Kindle, but are thinking of getting one (or putting it on your Christmas list), try it out and see. I love free books.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3720994;
    I just heard that Amazon reduced the price from $299 to $249.
    Apparently because there is a version 3 just out now....around $500 if you go for the bigger screen, carrying case, etc. We are getting one for our youngest sib who's hitting a major birthday....

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3721702;
    I just learned a neat trick for anyone who has a Kindle. When you're on Amazon in the Kindle book section, pick any category (fiction, nonfiction) and in the top right part of the screen the default is "best selling" but you can change it to "price, low to high". You will get all the free books first! Even if you don't have a Kindle, but are thinking of getting one (or putting it on your Christmas list), try it out and see. I love free books.
    Also, when you click on one of the books it will still have that section: "Customers who bought this item also bought" offering other selections along the same line with $0.00 cost. I am getting excited about it!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Kindle with US wireless vs Kindle with US plus International Wireless
    Any other advantage of the latter over the former, for someone who no longer travels outside the US?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Has anyone subscribed to any of the newspapers & if so, what do you think?

+ Reply to Thread