+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Kindle

Re: Kindle

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Does Kindle Fire have good battery life?
    It's decent. My regular Kindle's is much better. I read for for several hours at night (when it's not Big Brother season) and I charge it about once every two-three weeks. My Fire I have to charge almost every day....but I play a lot of games on it and when I'm watching tv (like Big Brother or Bach Pad, etc), I use the Fire to post on the Fort. I can't see the tv from my desktop and I don't have a laptop. I also take it to bed with me and catch up on the forum before I go to sleep (after I read on my other Kindle..lol), so it gets a lot of use during the day. Reading sucks a lot less battery than being online and/or playing games does so someone else will have to tell you what it's like for just reading.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I have a Nook rather than a Kindle, so I don't know if Kindle has this feature.
    Look & see if it has "airplane mode". That saves a lot of battery life, while still being able to read all you want. The only thing is, you can't do any downloading or anything other than reading unless you turn it back to regular mode.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Collections? Oh oh, I am missing something! Must try this. I need to sort our my Amish fiction from Zombie Fiction! lol!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I have collections on the Kindle app for my PC and it worked great until (all of sudden) that app is no longer compatible with my PC. Sometimes I really do like sitting at the table and reading on a larger screen. It could be the last window upgrade knocked it out, but I haven't figured out who to ask. Windows Help is no help and I don't want to pay for answer.

I'll try again to find the collection key on my Fire.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I'll try again to find the collection key on my Fire.
    If you figure it out, let me know. I haven't been able to figure out how to do that on my Fire. It's the one thing I don't like.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    If you figure it out, let me know. I haven't been able to figure out how to do that on my Fire. It's the one thing I don't like.
    I figured collections on my Kindle Touch.... finally my husband doesn't have to wade through all my Amish books!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re Kindle batteries... I have the "2.0 " version, not the Fire, and normally the battery lasts for many many hours of reading. Transoceanic flight levels of reading. When it doesn't I seem always to find that I've left the wifi connection on...that drains it much faster. I swear sometimes it seems to have turned itself on, as I have no memory of doing it, or was just sure I'd turned it off after my last book order...

Re the collections thing...to repeat a question raised above... I had no trouble creating a collection... but then the books were still ALSO in my list of 500 or so books, so didn't really eliminate the clutter. Am I missing a step? For example, I have several pages of "Reacher" novels, or so it seems, and put them all in a collection just fine... but they seem to still be in my "cloud" list.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Re Kindle batteries... I have the "2.0 " version, not the Fire, and normally the battery lasts for many many hours of reading. Transoceanic flight levels of reading. When it doesn't I seem always to find that I've left the wifi connection on...that drains it much faster. I swear sometimes it seems to have turned itself on, as I have no memory of doing it, or was just sure I'd turned it off after my last book order...

Re the collections thing...to repeat a question raised above... I had no trouble creating a collection... but then the books were still ALSO in my list of 500 or so books, so didn't really eliminate the clutter. Am I missing a step? For example, I have several pages of "Reacher" novels, or so it seems, and put them all in a collection just fine... but they seem to still be in my "cloud" list.
    I think I pointed that out as my issue with collections too. I'm still having that issue and have given up on the collection idea. It would be great if I didn't have all the clutter of books on my list but as it stands now it just adds confusion and clutter.

I have to turn wifi off now everytime I turn on the kindle. It wouldn't just stay in airplane mode. When they updated the operating system (or whatever they call it) they switched from being able to just turn wifi on/off but having to go in and noodle with airplane mode each time and it defaults to on each time now.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hope they get all of these gremlins resolved before I buy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I hope they get all of these gremlins resolved before I buy.
    They may already be sorted out on the higher end kindles. I have the cheaper one because all I use it for is reading. Don't need fancy schmancy doo dads on there for me.

+ Reply to Thread