+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Kindle

Re: Kindle

Thank you so much coltnlasma for your response. Yes, it's the Kindle Fire that I'm looking to purchase.

So I finally switched over to my Kindle, having read all my hardcopy books that were stacked around. I love it! It's light, easy to change pages with no noise to wake the hubby (), and it's easy on the eyes.

The only things I don't like are the lack of page numbers (a minor annoyance, I know), and the fact that it is just too darn easy to load it up with stuff to read! Ooo, A Discovery of Witches is only $2.99 today? Okay. *click* Hey, look at all these free books. These look good...*click, click, click*. What's this Daily Deal, this looks interesting too. *click*

I must have thirty books patiently waiting for me to read them. At the rate I have time to read, I'll be done in five years.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    The only things I don't like are the lack of page numbers (a minor annoyance, I know), and the fact that it is just too darn easy to load it up with stuff to read! Ooo, A Discovery of Witches is only $2.99 today? Okay. *click* Hey, look at all these free books. These look good...*click, click, click*. What's this Daily Deal, this looks interesting too. *click*

I must have thirty books patiently waiting for me to read them. At the rate I have time to read, I'll be done in five years.
    I also have fallen for the $2.99 or less book offers! lol! I have quite a lot to be read on the kindle!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I find myself browsing the best selling free books every few days on my kindle. But I love the monthly sale books too.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I've "liked" a couple of places on FB, and have already been offered about 25 free Kindle books today - downloaded 2 of them already. A wide variety of stuff is available, and the price is right!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I've "liked" a couple of places on FB, and have already been offered about 25 free Kindle books today - downloaded 2 of them already. A wide variety of stuff is available, and the price is right!
    Also, like authors and they might have deals too. I have gotten 3 free books that way and no I haven't read them yet!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Free on Kindle today. Awesome parenting book - I highly recommend.

Consciously Parenting: What it Really Takes to Raise Emotionally Healthy Families

Amazom

I was just reading about a rumored 10" Kindle Fire to be released next year. I guess it's meant to be more iPad-ish, but I think I'd prefer the current size (more like a book). The bigger one could be better for games and viewing documents, though. But -- still a rumor. Something that seems more concrete, from what I've read, is an updated Fire to come out maybe by September with a camera and better clarity. That would be a very nice feature! I'm still enjoying our Fire, but have always wished it could take pics.
    remember to play

I'm so old-fashioned! I have the Kindle 2 to read books, a digital camera to take pictures, a laptop for the internet, and a landline as my regular phone with a pay-as-you-go cell phone for when I travel. I pay bills with a stamp and envelope and regularly write out checks when I buy something at a store. Somebody put me in a rest home!
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hilarious!!!! The only think missing from what you've said is the phrase, "I am not in denial about who I am." I have become known for that phrase! NO apologies!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread