+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Kindle

Re: Kindle

My son got me a Kindle Fire for my birthday/Mother's day gift! I love it already!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

My husband got me one for my bday last month. It has almost replaced my ipod
    You can do it!

Hubby just surprised me with a Kindle Touch, so I guess I'm the latest convert. I had complained about running out of room for all my books, and he must have agreed.

I was hesitant to get one before, but they're pretty cool! Very easy to use, fast downloads. I love it!
    AZChristian and JavaJo like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Welcome to the dark side, babe!
    waywyrd and AZChristian like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Hubby just surprised me with a Kindle Touch, so I guess I'm the latest convert. I had complained about running out of room for all my books, and he must have agreed.

I was hesitant to get one before, but they're pretty cool! Very easy to use, fast downloads. I love it!
    I call mine our "book shelf". My husband and I love to read and have tons of books. My book shelf alone has books sidewise stacked up etc.... the kindle waves us space. WE have the touch, it is perfect for what we use it for. We bought our son a Fire for his graduation... let see how he likes it. He is going off to college so it might come in handy for reading assignments etc....

I do have a question, he is 18 and doesn't have a credit card. Can he register his kindle under his own name and use my credit card if need be (though we plan on buying him points)? Or would it be better he registers it under my account, even though I have a kindle on it? Can you register 2 kindles per account? I trust him with my credit card info.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I call mine our "book shelf". My husband and I love to read and have tons of books. My book shelf alone has books sidewise stacked up etc.... the kindle waves us space. WE have the touch, it is perfect for what we use it for. We bought our son a Fire for his graduation... let see how he likes it. He is going off to college so it might come in handy for reading assignments etc....

I do have a question, he is 18 and doesn't have a credit card. Can he register his kindle under his own name and use my credit card if need be (though we plan on buying him points)? Or would it be better he registers it under my account, even though I have a kindle on it? Can you register 2 kindles per account? I trust him with my credit card info.
    I have three Kindles registered under my account, my Fire, my husbands Fire and my regular Kindle I just use for reading. Each one is named something different and when you purchase a book, you can choose which one to download it to. You can download the books to more than one, also.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I have three Kindles registered under my account, my Fire, my husbands Fire and my regular Kindle I just use for reading. Each one is named something different and when you purchase a book, you can choose which one to download it to. You can download the books to more than one, also.
    Thanks. I kind of thought I should be able to. But if he loads points I don't want to take those away from him? I guess I could change payment method on the account? This is such new territory for me, we just got the kindle for ourselves at Christmas....
    Last edited by libgirl2; 05-18-2012 at 05:40 PM.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Thanks. I kind of thought I should be able to. But if he loads points I don't want to take those away from him? I guess I could change payment method on the account? This is such new territory for me, we just got the kindle for ourselves at Christmas....
    I don't know about the points thing and kindles. My mom and I have our kindles on my account so we can share books that we buy because there's a few that we both read and it's easier for me to manage both kindles technology wise this way.

Anyhow, my card is linked to the account obviously. Mom got me a gift card for christmas and I used most of it to get a series of books. But had a little left. Since she pays me in cash for the books she gets she used some of my gift card and then just paid for it in cash like she would other wise for books.

If he's likely to read any of the books you have on yours, put him on your account. He doesn't have to download every book in your archives, but it's nice to have the option if you find yourself wanting a book to read.
    Everyone knows that by friending Kindle on facebook, they offer free books every day, right?
    Count your blessings!

I don't actually have a kindle but I have the app on my Android phone, my computer, and my iPad. My sister loans me books and I've bought quite a few. Can't go back to reading a printed book now.

+ Reply to Thread