+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Kindle

Re: Kindle

My mom and I both have the no-frills kindle. I have a computer at home. I have a fancy phone. And really if I wanted a computer to carry aroudn I would buy a lap top before buying another gadget. I tend to read books extremely fast. Mom tends to read slower. But it works for both of us but I'm using books that don't have a lot of pictures either.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

I just downloaded all 7 of the Harry Potter books to my Kindle. Since the reason I bought the Kindle was because I heard that JKR had finally agreed to release the books in e-reader format, I am having a GREAT start to my weekend!

Haven't read all the posts here but does anyone know how to download kindle books for an Ipad? I know you can do it but am having trouble figuring it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Haven't read all the posts here but does anyone know how to download kindle books for an Ipad? I know you can do it but am having trouble figuring it out.
    What little I know I've heard from friends who have both. You can log onto your Amazon & Kindle account & read them online on your Ipad, although I'd think that would suck the life out of your battery pretty quick.
    Hopefully someone else knows a better way.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Do you already have the kindle app on your ipad and have you set up an amazon account? If not, go ahead and set up an amazon account and then click on the kindle app on your iPad. It'll ask for your amazon information - enter it and that's how you connect them both.

Once you do, go to amazon and choose the book you'd like to download. On the right-hand side, you'll see a "buy now" button and a drop-down menu that says "deliver to" under it. (I think everyone has the "deliver to" choice but I'm not sure since DH & I both have diff. devices, so if you don't have that option, don't worry.) Buy the book and then go to your ipad. Go into the Kindle app and click on the home button (upper left-hand corner). You'll see your book downloading. Once it's done, just click on it and it'll open right up. Hope that helps!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

cantstopwatchin, thanks so much!!!!

I did that and it worked!!
    Can't thank you enough ...really easy too since I already had an Amazon account....love that site for shopping. Never ever a problem w/them. And Amazon has sooo many books to buy and I love having readers' reviews to help me decide.

A lot of my students have Kindles now, or their folks do. I hear references all the time. I promote it and tell them about my daughters having Kindles on my account so we share all the same books.
    Count your blessings!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

cantstopwatchin, thanks so much!!!!

I did that and it worked!!
    Can't thank you enough ...really easy too since I already had an Amazon account....love that site for shopping. Never ever a problem w/them. And Amazon has sooo many books to buy and I love having readers' reviews to help me decide.
    So glad I could help! I love looking at all the reviews as well; they really come in handy when I'm on the fence about something.

A couple of notes for the Kindle app - there are some books that you can "loan" to other people who have Kindles/iPads. You can only loan a particular book once but my ILs and I have shared quite a few with each other. If you can loan it, you'll see the option when you go into the "Manage Your Kindle" and click on the "Actions" pull-down all the way to the right. The "loan this title" option will be on the bottom of the drop-down. Also, if you start a book and just don't like it/can't get into it, you can return it for a refund. Go to the same "Actions" pull-down I mentioned earlier and that option will be there. I just learned that one a couple of weeks ago.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Oh! That's a new one to me! Didn't know you could return a book. Thanks!
    Count your blessings!

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Is there any reason to get the kindle with wifi? I have an iphone and computer at home - is it worth it or necessary at all? Also - pro's and con's of the kindle touch? Thanks for your help in advance!

+ Reply to Thread