+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 63 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Kindle

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Kindle

I see that the Kindle Touch 3G is about to be released in a few days. Has anyone been investigating?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

My battery is 4 years old and for some reason my downloads no longer take on my first generation Kindle...so...I pre-ordered the Kindle Fire. This is also first generation and I hope I don't regret it. I've read that it surpasses ipad in some respects, not that I need an ipad - but for the price, since I was going to buy a new Kindle anyway, I took a deep breath and hit the pre-order button. I'll let you know how it works in about a month.

The titles that didn't download to my Kindle DID download to my PC so I can still read. Actually I prefer reading on the super large screen with the super large print on the PC.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I see that the Kindle Touch 3G is about to be released in a few days. Has anyone been investigating?
    DH is impatiently waiting for his...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

ďI donít want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my painÖ It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.Ē - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

My husband said something about maybe Santa bringing me a Fire for Christmas...lol. I want one.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    My battery is 4 years old and for some reason my downloads no longer take on my first generation Kindle...so...I pre-ordered the Kindle Fire. This is also first generation and I hope I don't regret it. I've read that it surpasses ipad in some respects, not that I need an ipad - but for the price, since I was going to buy a new Kindle anyway, I took a deep breath and hit the pre-order button. I'll let you know how it works in about a month.

The titles that didn't download to my Kindle DID download to my PC so I can still read. Actually I prefer reading on the super large screen with the super large print on the PC.
    Do you know how to go "home page - menu - archives" (with the wireless on)? If it's on your PC but not on your Kindle, it's in your archives and will only take a couple seconds to download. I don't know when they started doing that, but mine don't go directly onto my Kindle, either. I thought it had to do with buying a second one that I gave to my daughter, and next month my other daughter is getting one as well, both linked to my account.
    Count your blessings!

My FIRE is due next week. not giving up my 4gen one though. They both have merits. (the e-ink is still nicer for outside, but the FIRE has the color and access to all my books) Love my Kindle.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Received my Kindle Fire today! I laugh because my old iphone has me intouch with touch screens so moving around hasn't been a problem. All of my books downloaded. It connected to my router (with my password) no problem. It registered itself - which made me laugh.

My only problem with it is the same one I have with iphone and that is the inability to close or delete a website when you are done with it. I accidently went to a section of facebook I didn't want to go and can't get rid of the thing. The on/off button being on the bottom of the casing is tricky as it is too easy to accidently turn it off...or on as happened when I was taking it out of its cellophane wrapper.

There is no manual book. The device comes with a small card with four set-up steps. The manual is in the system in the Apps section once you've turned it on; or you can go to the Kindle section of Amazon and read up there.

The way the downloaded books are presented in the library is the same way they are presented in the PC app I use - so that was no surprise. You get a color copy of the book jacket, click on it and it downloads from the cloud. You have a choice to use cloud or device for storage. Nothing startling, but, like with Apple stuff, if you want to add applications, you may be buying them.

Tomorrow I may open a book or open a streaming movie from the Netlix app I installed (it uses my Netlix account) and watch a movie. Amazon also has streaming movies and TV shows, as well as music, but I haven't checked into that area yet.

So far, so good.
    JavaJo likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Amazon is having a huge cyber Monday sale on Kindle books. Over 900 books...

Amazon.com: The Kindle Daily Deal
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.

Thanks! I found a few I wanted to buy.
    Count your blessings!

The husband bought my Fire, left it on the table and fell asleep. I came in from work and wouldn't have even noticed it but he also bought a bright pink cover and that caught my eye..lol. He was so mad and told me I was snooping. Uhm..dude...you left it on the table! That's not snooping! Anyway, he told me to go ahead and set it up and figure it out. He's going to wrap it on Christmas Eve. I've been playing with it and downloading apps. There are many apps that I use on my iPod that are free and I've purchased a couple...like Angry Birds HD. I also downloaded Hulu Plus for free. We don't have a tv in our bedroom so it will be nice to be able to watch tv shows/movies in bed sometimes.

My favorite thing is the book display. I download so many books and sometimes I don't remember what they are about, but when I see the cover, it jogs my memory. So much quicker than going back to read the synopsis. Anyhoo...I'm in love and I think my husband is, too, because he said he wants one for Christmas, too. It's a cheaper alternative to the iPad.

+ Reply to Thread