+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 62 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Kindle

Kiz

Re: Kindle

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Anyone have the Kindle with special offers? Are the offers bothersome or unnoticable? Is it worth the reduced price?
    I've only read where a couple of people have commented that they didn't think the ads were a nuisance, but I don't know anyone personally who has the Kindle with them.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

One of my friends bought the special offers Kindle a few months. The only difference we could see is that while my screen goes to authors' photos when it is asleep, hers will be a special offer. For the price difference, she said she is perfectly fine seeing a credit card offer versus Emily Dickinson's face. There was no impact on any thing once you were "in" your book.
    Wag more, bark less

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am still playing "the lady in waiting", hoping to be gifted with an e-reader! I'm still waiting!!

Now that Barnes and Noble is going under, are Nook's still going to be available?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am still playing "the lady in waiting", hoping to be gifted with an e-reader! I'm still waiting!!

Now that Barnes and Noble is going under, are Nook's still going to be available?
    Barnes and Noble is going under??? I know Borders is gone, but I thought Barnes and Noble was okay.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My fault....you are right!!! It all begins with a "B", and I haven't gone book shopping in a very long time!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just got my Kindle a couple of weeks ago . . . with the special offers. They're no big deal - not nearly as annoying as the ads that show up on the side of Facebook.

So far, I've just been focusing on $.99 books and a short story that a friend self-published directly to Kindle through Amazon. I've put the next James Patterson/Alex Cross book on pre-order, and am looking forward to the excitement of turning on the Kindle on November 14th and having it magically appear.

I wasn't sure I would like the Kindle, which is why I postponed getting one for so long. I'm a big enough person to admit I was wrong. I love it!
    JavaJo likes this.

Welcome to the dark side, AZ!
    AZChristian likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Those of you with Kindles, I'm pretty sure the 3g version has a way to get online, what about the others? Do they have a way to check email, etc., with just a wifi version? I'm trying to figure it out for a friend of mine who is borrowing her mother's and trying to figure some of this stuff out for her mom.

I thought this was pretty shocking: Karen Dionne: "E" Stands for "Errors"

If I had an ereader, I'd be pissed off that I might not be getting the intended final version of the book.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, the errors are annoying, and there seem to be more of them these days, as more books go electronic...as if they aren't checking as carefully as before.

Just an FYI...just got back from China and was able to charge there. We'd taken "plugs" with us, but most (higher end I admit) hotels had strips with multiple plug options available. On the other hand, there are fewer outlets than we are used to and some of them only had one plug option, so the extra plugs were a good option still, and don't weigh much. We had two charging cords with us... one seemed to work better than the other by far, not sure why. One was older than the other....

+ Reply to Thread