+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 64 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Kindle

Re: Kindle

My Kindle froze. It's done it before and I've been able to work through it but this time I just couldn't get it to work no matter what I tried. I just got off the phone with Customer Service and wow. I'm impressed. The young man who helped me was awesome. He walked me through some stuff (that I'd already tried) and when it still didn't work, he said he would send a new one out Monday via 2 day delivery. He gave me instructions on sending this one back. No hassle, no haggling and no tears...

While I'm not happy I had to make the call in the first place, I'm very satisfied with the customer service I received.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Kiz

I had the same experience with Amazon, JavaJo. They truly stand behind their product. That kind of customer service seems to be the exception rather than the rule nowadays, unfortunately.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    My Kindle froze. It's done it before and I've been able to work through it but this time I just couldn't get it to work no matter what I tried. I just got off the phone with Customer Service and wow. I'm impressed. The young man who helped me was awesome. He walked me through some stuff (that I'd already tried) and when it still didn't work, he said he would send a new one out Monday via 2 day delivery. He gave me instructions on sending this one back. No hassle, no haggling and no tears...

While I'm not happy I had to make the call in the first place, I'm very satisfied with the customer service I received.
    Funny, the exact same thing happened to my 11-month-old nook wi-fi + 3G (the e-ink kind, not nook color). I took it back to a B & N store, where they tried a new power cord and a new battery, but nada...

I called the toll free number and they e-mailed me a shipping label to send back the dead one, and shipped me a new nook, which I received in just a few days. Like you, I was very happy with the customer service I received. The worst thing about it was going nookless for a few days!

The worst thing about it was going nookless for a few days!

I know! I'm going to have to crack open a real book...
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    The worst thing about it was going nookless for a few days!
    hee hee hee. Sounds dirty.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That's exactly what I thought!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was told my Kindle would ship today. I checked the tracking status this morning to see if it had shipped yet...It says it's due to arrive today. I'm even more impressed.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Has anyone bought a Kindle from Target? Are there any drawbacks?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    hee hee hee. Sounds dirty.
    Ha Ha - yeah. "Back in the day", nookie was not an electronic reading device...

I also wanted to add that the "new to me" nook B & N sent was a certified pre-owned one, which was fine with me, especially because I was 11 months into a 12-month warranty. It works great and looks perfectly new. All of my paid-for (and otherwise) content appeared on the new device as soon as I registered it under the same e-mail address I used for the old one.
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 05-24-2011 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Has anyone bought a Kindle from Target? Are there any drawbacks?
    Got my Kindle with 3G at Target along with the lighted cover for it last fall. Only drawback is that I had to pay sales tax but I wanted that thing right away so I didn't care. Happy so far.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread