+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Kindle

CCL

Re: Kindle

Actually kobo was developed by Indigo, a Canadian book-chain (I'm Canadian); Borders does own a minority stake in the company and was the US licensee for the product. I'm not sure how the Borders shut-down will affect kobo's bottom line. I think they are doing ok in Canada (not sure if they sell elsewhere in the world besides the US) and you can download the kobo app (much like you can download the kindle app) to the Ipad (and I presume other devices) so they do have that revenue as well.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'm still kickin' it old school with paper books, but I thought there were some cool ideas for Kindle/ereader covers in this article: 50 Kindle Covers You Can Make Yourself
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Clever!
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm still kickin' it old school with paper books, but I thought there were some cool ideas for Kindle/ereader covers in this article: 50 Kindle Covers You Can Make Yourself
    Yay, US!!!! The only difference is mine are hard-back as often as possible.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't know if these books are any good or not, but this site lists free Kindle downloads pretty regularly:
    Some free kindle ebook downloads
    Those are just the ones posted this morning, but if you use the search feature on the site, there are many more posted, most of which appear to still be active.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Bookcover #3 is adorable! Thanks for watching out for those of us with Kindles, Critical.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In case you've not heard of it, feedbooks.com offers a LOT of free books to download, here's the public domain link:

Public Domain | Feedbooks
    They also have books for sale.

There's also Project Gutenburg
    http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

Funny, my children (who are young teens) prefer traditional paper books. I put the Kindle for PC on their laptops to let them try e-reading, and they don't like it. That's a first - not preferring something electronic! So I just had to buy some paper books for their high school reading list (classics) that I could've just downloaded for free.

I can't win!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

For any Nook owners, check out nook Deals: Freebies!. I grabbed a slew of books this week (3 more just tonight)...gotta love "free" when traveling for almost 2 weeks ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    The times, they are a'changin........

While I have a Kindle, I use it for my bedtime/anytime reading of novels, etc. But I still treasure my "paper" library at home...shelves with real books that you can hold, turn the pages, flip back and forth, smell We had a power outage not long ago, and the kids were wondering what to do. They ended up in the library reading (..... )

I can't see e-books totally replacing paper books. Not in my world, anyway.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread