+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 62 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Kindle

FORT Regular

Re: Kindle

Thanks Closet, very helpful! Im going to read it but I may not update it after some of the things you said. I know with android 2.1, 2.2 you can download the kindle reader I wonder if I dont unpdate and keep android 2.0 if I will be able to download the kindle reader?

As for library books, no I havent tried it but on my reader there is a button for lend/return. That may be to lend books to friends as well.

There are so many books online for free. Project Gutenberg has all the classics for free and BN, Amazon all have free books too.

Quote Originally Posted by Snacks;4146221;
    Thanks Closet, very helpful! Im going to read it but I may not update it after some of the things you said. I know with android 2.1, 2.2 you can download the kindle reader I wonder if I dont unpdate and keep android 2.0 if I will be able to download the kindle reader?
    I'm not sure that you can install any external apps without installing that kit. I found this Q&A item on one site where the answer came from a Pandigital VP:
    Q: It runs Android 2.0 but Pandigital couldn’t confirm whether it would run the Kindle app….. Also, returning to my quest to learn more about Android, I read somewhere that Google only makes Android apps available for phones—does that mean that despite this Android OS on the Novel, buyers won’t be able to download new apps until Google decides otherwise?

A: The initial release of the device will not run external apps. We are engaged and pursuing on multiple fronts the goal of including support of the Android Marketplace and the loading of apps in a future firmware (FW) update.
    Good luck!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;4146566;
    I'm not sure that you can install any external apps without installing that kit. I found this Q&A item on one site where the answer came from a Pandigital VP:

Good luck!!
    well that sucks! Why do they make everything so difficult? If it runs android and already uses apps why not let it work just like the phones do? Now Im a little pissed because I wanted to be able to buy some kindle books and get some free kindle books! Actually Amazon should sell ebooks for their kindle readers but they should also sell the books in epub versions so everyone could get their books!

Well thanks again Closet! I still havent had a chance to read those sites but Im going to try now. I appreciate your help!!!

americans can also make book purchases from kobo.com the file output is epub. I'm really loving my kobo, my daughter saved up money and bought herself an iPod touch, we downloaded the iBook app for her and now I can buy books for her too because the iPod reads epubs too. If youare having trouble with your files being read you can always use calibre - Download for Windows for file conversions.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4146167;
    I have a question for all of you who do have e-readers out there.

I tend to get my books from the library.
    Have any of you taken advantage of downloading books from your library, as opposed to buying them?
    Can anyone advise as to your experience with this? Thanks
    That's one of the features I was so excited about, but decided to make sure I could do all the features for downloading stuff to my computer from the library before I even bought my Nook. I had a book waiting on me when I did buy the Nook. I read it no problem.

It went to different spot on my Nook, (my documents, as opposed to my B&N books) but I was able to read it just fine and change the text size. I wasn't able to access the word look-up feature while reading that book but since have figured out a work-around. If I open up a book that does have the dictionary feature I can look-up a specific word that way.

I was very excited about the library feature, but now I found out that there are so many free books that I've been getting books that way, not the library.

For the Nook I had to download Adobe Digital Editions software. It worked no problem at all to download from the library and then transfer it to my Nook. Also I can download audiobooks as well, although they have to be mp3 not WMA to work on my Nook. The audiobooks use Overdrive Media Console. Both the Adobe and Overdrive programs were on my library website. When I bought my Nook they gave me instructions on my library's system.

My Kindle package arrived at my local post office this morning, so I am hoping that it will be waiting for me when I get home this evening. I'm SO excited!!!!!!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm still praying for a "mistaken delivery"!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;4147009;
    My Kindle package arrived at my local post office this morning, so I am hoping that it will be waiting for me when I get home this evening. I'm SO excited!!!!!!!!
    Enjoy it!

I had my annual mammo today and the computers were down and had to be rebooted, so the confirmation of quality images was back-logged. There was a waiting room of over 20 women in pink hospital gowns grousing, but I just read my Kindle. When I finished the book I was on, I went to the menu and selected the next one on my queue and kept reading. when I finally got my confirmation that my images were approved, I popped it in my purse and left. I love my Kindle.
    Count your blessings!

I've gained a few pounds since I started working again. I started munching on snacks from the vending machines at break. Now I take my Kindle with me and sit in the locker room and read instead of even going into the break room. I'm down 3 lbs! I love my Kindle, too!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread