+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Kindle

Re: Kindle

I hinted at the Kindle but got the Nook Color for Christmas . But my husband, bless his heart, doesn't like to shop and he found himself at Books A Million in his panic to get me something and impulse bought the Nook. So far though I'm happy with it. I've never had an e-reader and haven't read for pleasure in many years so I'm really excited.

So far I've only downloaded free books and was also happy to see some free textbooks. I got a free one on menopause since I believe I'm in the pre-phase and thought it would be a good read. Also a couple of James Patterson and some other stuff that looks interesting.

I also love the crossword feature although I'm barely able to make it through the easy level .

I don't get to the beach much so I'm not concerned about the poor lighting in daylight. The majority of my reading will be indoors in bed or on the couch.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

See? You prove my point about the value of giving out Christmas (or any gift-giving occasion) lists! I'm sure your husband would appreciate it, but it's good that you love your e-reader, anyway.

And, with crossword puzzles, it just takes practice. You'll get there! You'll be on master level in no time!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4144126;
    See? You prove my point about the value of giving out Christmas (or any gift-giving occasion) lists! I'm sure your husband would appreciate it, but it's good that you love your e-reader, anyway.

And, with crossword puzzles, it just takes practice. You'll get there! You'll be on master level in no time!
    Actually I did give him a list because there's a history of him giving what he thinks I might like as opposed to what I actually like (because he doesn't listen or pay attention half the time but that's another topic ). The list even included what NOT to get . One of my suggestions was The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo trilogy (paperback, whatever was cheapest). I guess when he got to the store he decided the e-reader was the way to go and then I could just download the books to it. I didn't have an e-reader on my list because I wanted to keep our gift giving on a lower budget but I've mentioned the Kindle throughout the year (so I guess he did listen somewhat after all!).

I hope to make it to medium level on the crosswords sometime in the near future .
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm still hoping for an e-reader, but I just can't make myself buy one yet. I am with the poster who talked about the smell of books....among other things! Kindle, Nook Color....whatever. Who knows what this year will bring?

And, at least hubby got in the ballpark of what you wanted, so things are looking up!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And one way to look at it, the Dragon trilogy will be cheaper on an ereader than even in paperback! And take less room on your shelves.... If you buy enough books, even paperbacks, eventually it saves you enough to pay for itself. Plus of course sometimes 2/3 of a trilogy is in paperback and the finale is hardcover...very hard to wait! But it's usually all electronically available.

FORT Regular

I dont know if this is the proper place but I have the pandigital novel 7 ereader and I love it. My question is, does someone know how to update it? I read somewhere that people were able to upgrade the android software from 2. to android 2.2 easily. But now I cant find where I read it or any instructions. I remember reading that doing this will give you full access to Android market and pretty much make my tablet into an android version of an ipad. I cant already go online and search the wen with it bu I want more android apps and to be able to do a few more things!

As for using an ereader in general, I love it. I think its so much easier reading on this rather then holding books. I also love making the text a little larger. You also get tons of free books! Im currently reading Dan Browns The Lost Symbol! Ecellent book so far!

Welcome Snacks! This thread appears to be morphing into a general eReader thread. You apparently love the same things we all do about ours.

Can't help you with your questions, I'm still learning to use my own brand new Nook.

FORT Regular

Thanks JC. I figured it might have been more of an ereader thread then just a kindle thread! Took a shot! Hopefully some others out there have the same reader?!

I like the idea above about getting the title of this thread changed to something like "eReaders - Kindle, Nook, etc"!

I'm not familiar with the Pandigital Novel 7, but I poked around a bit and this is what I found...

- You can download an Android Open Platform kit for your device at the link below. However, you will void you warranty and will not be able to get tech support for your device.
    Pandigital » Pandigital Novel Android Open Platform kit.

- This recent discussion seems to have some good takes on the pros and cons of installing this kit. It is worth reading because it sounds like it may be difficult to continue using the device as an eReader once you have installed this kit!
    Android Open Platform

- It sounds like the Android market still will not work, but there are non-market sources for Android apps. You can read more about that here:
    How To Find Android Apps Non Market Websites

I have a question for all of you who do have e-readers out there.

I tend to get my books from the library.
    Have any of you taken advantage of downloading books from your library, as opposed to buying them?
    Can anyone advise as to your experience with this? Thanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread