+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Kindle

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Kindle

I think I read that a version is coming out that can be used abroad. I guess the implication is that if you take your Kindle out of the US you can't download? Or are they saying that they are making one that can be recharged in Europe? The story seemed to be about downloading.

Which brings me to my Kindle question....we are going to Europe for a wedding...Prague...and then going to Norway etc. for few days as have never been to that part of Europe. I was planning on loading up my Kindle with a ton of books for the plane/train rides, but I'd obviously need to recharge it along the way. We have those plug adaptors, but can the Kindle stand the different current? Anyone know?

Thanks!

As long as you have the wireless turned off and aren't playing music, the charge should last for more than just a few days. As for the current question, go to Amazon in the Kindle section and you'll see a link at the top of the page for discussions. Ask there.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3946288;
    As long as you have the wireless turned off and aren't playing music, the charge should last for more than just a few days. As for the current question, go to Amazon in the Kindle section and you'll see a link at the top of the page for discussions. Ask there.
    Thanks, Gut! Under normal use (wireless off) my charge lasts a couple of weeks, but then I don't have 8 hour plane flights, plus train rides in normal use.... And we will be gone well over a week, so that's why I"m worried...Now off to Amazon!

Which brings me to my Kindle question....we are going to Europe for a wedding...Prague...and then going to Norway etc. for few days as have never been to that part of Europe. I was planning on loading up my Kindle with a ton of books for the plane/train rides, but I'd obviously need to recharge it along the way. We have those plug adaptors, but can the Kindle stand the different current? Anyone know?

Thanks!
    As long as you have an adapter, it will be fine. I travel a lot and I usually take a power strip so that I only need one adapter (actually, I now have an "all-in-one" adapter that can be used anywhere, I just have to set it up correctly for the country I'm in.) I've charged my Nook, my mobile phone, my laptop, my Zune, and my camera at various times on various trips.

FORT Regular

The adapters will take care of the current. No worries.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tedmcardle;3947041;
    The adapters will take care of the current. No worries.
    Just to be clear since neither of us are very techy.... are adaptors the plug things...so that your plug fits their socket? When we were in Switz. one sabbatical we blew out a cell phone trying to charge it....so I'm nervous. I care a lot more about my Kindle than my rarely used cell phone...and not just because of the price differential!

CCL

Yes, that's what adapters are. There is no reason why any outlet should ruin your device, unless the building experiences a power surge. You might want to take a small surge protector with you in that case. Belkin makes a mini one.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, I went to the Amazon site and they recommend (of course!) buying their own little plug adaptor thingy. Debating....
    It works for countries in the EU... now I have to check whether CZ has joined the EU.... And Norway... I know Switzerland never did.

The one I have (from Walmart) has different adaptors for all different countries. I just take the ones for the countries I'm going to be in and then make sure I reunite them when I get home. It would probably be smart to take a small surge protector to be on the safe side. They're easy to find, too.
    Count your blessings!

Kiz

I emailed Amazon and received an email reply that they would not offer me a price adjustment because they were only offering the refunds on Kindles that were received up to 30 days prior to their new reduced price. I received mine either 31 or 32 days before. You could leave your phone number for Amazon to call you back, which I did, and they called within seconds. After I briefly explained the situation, she said that they would certainly refund the $70 difference. I didn't even have to plead my case.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

+ Reply to Thread