+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Kindle

Kiz

Re: Kindle

I've had my Kindle for a few weeks, and I love it, but mine is a lemon. It locked up twice when it was in "sleep" mode (not turned off). I didn't realize I was rebooting it, but out of frustration, both times, I held the on/off switch to on for several seconds hoping for a reaction, and soon after I gave up, it just turned on.

This morning, my Kindle was not only locked in sleep, it also had crazy lines on the screen. After trying to get it to turn on..or off..I could see a faint message to call Kindle. The Kindle rep. was very polite and efficient. She said to slide the on/off button to on for 15 secs and then let go. Within 30 secs it should boot back up if it's going to. Well, mine didn't turn on this time, but that's how I happened to fix it before, except those times were just by chance. They're replacing my Kindle, and I should get the new one Monday. However, I was nearly finished with An Echo in the Bone, (about 50 pages left of a 820 page book), so I made a quick trip to the library to get the book. One thing I can say for books, they don't crash.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

No! Just put the ap on your laptop and read it there! It's free!
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

How many of you are starting to feel like salespeople for Kindle et al.? Today I just did probably my 50th rave to people who asked me about mine, including offering to let them hold it. Whenever I use mine in public someone asks me about it. Starting to think we should get a cut of new sales!

Gutmutter certainly should, for starting this thread!

My Little Sister and I were at Walmart in the book section yesterday and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest was there. I said excitedly, "I have this on my Kindle! I can't wait to start it." A man in the same aisle snapped his head around, so I smiled sweetly and said, "I LOVE my Kindle." He smiled back but didn't say anything.
    Count your blessings!

Kiz

When I was at the library checking out An Echo in the Bone, I mentioned to the librarian that my Kindle was on the fritz, and that I couldn't wait until Monday when I'm supposed to receive my replacement to read the last fifty pages of the book. She said she wanted to get a Kindle too, and asked me all about it. I kind of felt like we were committing a guilty act by chatting up the Kindle in the library..lol

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3925009;
    When I was at the library checking out An Echo in the Bone, I mentioned to the librarian that my Kindle was on the fritz, and that I couldn't wait until Monday when I'm supposed to receive my replacement to read the last fifty pages of the book. She said she wanted to get a Kindle too, and asked me all about it. I kind of felt like we were committing a guilty act by chatting up the Kindle in the library..lol
    Or in a book store, or in the book section of any store! I don't want those stores and sections to not exist... am torn! Was glad to hear Barnes & Noble was getting into the e-reader act so they get some $$ out of it all.

Kiz

Good news if you've been waiting for a price drop to buy a Kindle. The price is now $189. I paid $259 in May. I read that some people who recently ordered their Kindle (within the last 30 days) were having luck getting a price adjustment if they requested it. I'm going to give it a shot, since I placed my order May 19.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Stop trying to make me weak!!!! Another version must be coming out?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kiz

I was also wondering if the price reduction meant a new version would soon be released, but it may be in reaction to B&N cutting the price of the Nook. Not trying to twist your arm, but I love my Kindle. I bought a case for it that has a clear plastic cover over the reading area, so I can just slip in my purse, and read my Kindle without taking it out of its case.

NO new Kindle version is in the works.
    Price drops are occurring to the rivalry among E-reader products.
    So, everyone benefits.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread