+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Sookie Stackhouse books

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Sookie Stackhouse books

I know these have been mentioned somewhere here... probably on a SF or vampire thread...but so far as I can find they don't have their own thread. I asked for them for a birthday after reading about them here, and got totally hooked. I'm about to start the last one I have...sniff...
    If anyone else is about to start them, I strongly recommend reading them in order. I read one out of order and since it referenced stuff in earlier books that made those not quite as good. Plus I didn't have much depth of background on many of the characters so I"m sure I didn't get as much out of them as I would have otherwise.
    Really fun, lighthearted, read, and I'm enjoying the little bits she adds each book about the "non-normal" world.

Re: Sookie Stackhouse books

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3510025;
    If anyone else is about to start them...
    Oh hey, that's me! I am about 10 pages from finishing a book and then I'm starting Dead Until Dark. Thanks for the tip. I heard about them here as well.

Now I'm going to avoid this thread so I don't read anything I regret.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Just picked up the whole set. About to start book one. Can't wait.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

you absolutely need to start from the beginning - not only that you should try and get the short stories she did as well, they add to the background that is necessary to really enjoy the later books.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

I agree you have to go in order or it gets too confusing. I really enjoy the books. Can't wait for a new one to come out.

Premium Member

The next one according to Charlaine Harris will be released next May.

Kiz

I'm going to start the series next week. I've been hooked on True Blood since the first show, and I'm excited about reading the books.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just don't expect it to mirror the TV show in plotline...there are BIG differences even if the main characters are the same.
    I've finished the last of the paperbacks...I refuse to pay for hardcovers if I can avoid it---partly because they are heavy and hard to read in bed or to carry around. I asked at Borders and the one currently in hardcover (sorry, the names are totally similar to me and usually don't have much to do with the plots) will be out in paperback in the early fall or late August.
    I noticed that there seemed to be related short stories but it wasn't clear to me for sure that they were--thanks for the hint--will give me a little Sookie fix!

Kao

I absolutely love this series and the mystery aspects in every book, but I have to admit that I'm not too happy with some of the events that occur in Dead and Gone.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I had to go check on Amazon to see which one Dead and Gone was since (see above) I can't recall them by their titles....and I see this is the one I haven't read yet as not in paperback. But boy, after reading the reader reviews on Amazon, I'm not sure I want to. Totally panned by Sookie fans. So you aren't alone, Kao.
    Of course I will read it, I'm that hooked, but not looking forward to it as much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast