+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Sookie Stackhouse books

Re: Sookie Stackhouse books

[QUOTE=Kiz;3694011;]That seems like the likely and very amusing outcome of the storyline, but I'm stuck on the term used in your original spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3687803;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the ailing Bill can only be healed by a blood sibling,

• EricNorthman{dot}Net • Your Ultimate Source •

The Bellefleurs would not qualify using the definition of blood sibling as sharing one or both parents. I'm not sure that Bill won't have to locate another "child" of Lorena's. That shouldn't be too hard courtesy of his software, and more importantly, if any exist.
    I agree with you, I don't think the Bellefleurs would qualify either. Are they related through Bills children, or were they relations of his wife's family???? I honestly don't remember although I know it was explained way back.

His software may be more useful then he ever imagined!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

If I'm remembering it correctly, one of Bill's descendants married a Bellefleur. That makes them his great great great great great grandkids. Before learning that, he hated them because the soldier dying in the field that lead to his friend's death(remember his Civil War flashback) was a Bellefleur.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Anyway, they aren't a
    Click to see Spoiler:
    sibling, aka brother or sister
    so I think there's another meaning here than DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3694562;
    Anyway, they aren't a
    Click to see Spoiler:
    sibling, aka brother or sister
    so I think there's another meaning here than DNA.
    I have forgotten this already, but besides the former Queen Sophie, and her equally dead sidekick, who else knows about Bill's software? Sookie, and does Eric know about his program? How about the new King for that region? My mind is a fog, or I am confusing it with these other similar stories.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Wasn't he selling his program at the convention? So others would know.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3695358;
    Wasn't he selling his program at the convention? So others would know.
    Well, then at least someone should be able to use it, in case of an emergency. Thank you
    Christopher Reeve

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Okay, I just finished Book 3 and am REALLY bothered by what Bill did to Sookie in the trunk of the car (among other things). I mean, I understand he was hungry and they were locked in the trunk together so he fed off of her, but what came after it...THAT was disturbing! Maybe I missed it, but do they do this to ALL of their "victims"???

[And sorry if this has been mentioned before; I didn't read the first page of this thread b/c I didn't want to know spoilers before I actually read them. ]
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3699725;
    Okay, I just finished Book 3 and am REALLY bothered by what Bill did to Sookie in the trunk of the car (among other things). I mean, I understand he was hungry and they were locked in the trunk together so he fed off of her, but what came after it...THAT was disturbing! Maybe I missed it, but do they do this to ALL of their "victims"???

[And sorry if this has been mentioned before; I didn't read the first page of this thread b/c I didn't want to know spoilers before I actually read them. ]
    Sex and feeding are pretty tied together, at least in Ms. Harris' vampire world. I took it to be like a drowning person grabbing and pulling under the person who is trying to save them. Once Bill got his wits about him (ahem), he was shocked at his behavior. His response to his actions was, "Oh no, oh no." Also, he's vampire, not human, so although it was disturbing, it made sense to show him react on vampire instinct under such duress.

I like that the vampires are walking the tightrope between living with humans peacefully and fighting their nature.

Under normal circumstances, vampires can feed off a human without the added sexual component, but it is interlinked. It seems the act of feeding generally arouses them, but they don't necessarily act on it.

At least, that's my take on it.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I've just finished the latest Dead and Gone. I read all of the books over about a three month period. Maybe it's because I read the books one after another, but each book seems to get more and more sad. There was a lot more light-hearted moments in the earlier books to alleviate the serious drama that was going on in the rest of the books.

I'm not sure I'm going to enjoy reading about a "damaged" Sookie after her experiences in the last book. She was always so resilient and self-reliant, that was one of the things I liked best about her. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Just finished the series and am craving for more! I think I may need a day or two to completely absorb all that happened near the end of Dead and Gone. There was so much, I feel like I just read The Deathly Hallows all over again.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I love, love, love that Sookie and Eric have started 'discussing' their relationship. I am really curious to hear his reason(s) for not going to the shack with Bill to rescue her. I'm SOOO disappointed that Claudine was murdered, esp. with her being pregnant and all since there are so few fairy women. I'm sad that Niall's going to close the door to Fairyland and I am SOO over Jason! I hope Amelia won't hold Dawson's death against Sookie b/c I really like her character and I feel for little Hunter, that he might have some hard years ahead of him.

Oh yeah--and like others, I always assumed Niall was talking about Eric when he told Sookie that the vampire wasn't a bad man and that he loved her. I suppose he could have an inkling about Bill b/c they both searched for her when she was being held, but I thought he'd "know" Eric better...

After reading all these posts, I'm glad to hear that we've got a few more years of books to come! I guess I've kind of assumed that she'll end up with Sam b/c if she's remaining a human, he's the most compatible with her but I'm really hoping for an Eric/Sookie ending! She was just so happy when she was vampire-sitting him and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    now that he remembers it
    , I'm hoping that that'll help him in the future with her.

ps -- Give me Eric Northman any day over Edward Cullen!! LOL!!
    Last edited by cantstopwatchin; 10-04-2009 at 04:41 PM.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread