+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Sookie Stackhouse books

Premium Member

Re: Sookie Stackhouse books

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3691337;
    I don't remember - do any of them know that Bill is a relation?
    I thought the Bellefeurs received their money anonymously.....?
    I would like to see Sookie's suitors start to move out of the picture with each book till the final.

The very fact that she has allowed Sookie to fall in love with other guys, seems to be telling viewers that Sookie is not secretly longing for Bill. I would be OK if he died. Although, I have no idea if that is possible - other then from the sun.
    As far as I remember, the Bellefleurs don't know Bill is a relation. I actually want them to find out especially the snotty grandmother.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3691341;
    ^^ No Mike'sgirl, I want Bill to stay. They can kill off Jason though, what a useless brother. Like him better in the show than in the books.
    Awwww, but he is all she has. I admit though - up until the last part of this last book, he was on my "ok to live without" list.

In most of her other books, the female leads will fall in love with other men several times, before they find their true love. I would be very surprised if Sookie ends up with Bill or a vampire. In the other book series written by Ms Harris, first loves are special; but her female characters grow and mature and are better suited in the end for someone other then the "first loves".

Even with Harper and Tolliver series, she let's Harper grow with other male relationships before she admits/recognizes her love for Tolliver.
    But, who knows - I don't care, I trust that I will be satisfied, always have in the past.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Okay, I need to respond to something that has REALLY been making me wonder. We have all surmised that Sookie can't become a vampire because of her fairy blood, correct? And I knew there was something wiggling back in my brain about that. I figured it out watching True Blood. Hadley should have fairy blood as well. Since Gran was her Gran too, right? Hadley's mother and Sookie's father were siblings and Adele conceived both with Fintan, the fairy. So Sookie COULD be turned and be relatively okay. Now I know that Charlaine has said Sookie will never be turned but it is possible.

Personally I am anti-Bill/Sookie, pro Eric/Sookie, but ultimately would rather Sookie end up with a non-vampire at some point in time. It could be Sam, it could be Alcide especially if they work out their differences, I think the only supe I would not want her with at the end would be Quinn (he's still alive, right?)

Premium Member

Quinn is still alive, I remember Bill and Quinn had a fight in Book 9. . Not a Quinn fan either, maybe she will end up with the daddy of Hadley's son. I know far out but who knows what goes on in Charlaine's mind.

Okay I wasn't sure if he died at the end of the book or not. So many died or were badly wounded at the end that it's hard to keep straight who survived and who did not.

Quote Originally Posted by liz_momof2;3691476;
    Okay, I need to respond to something that has REALLY been making me wonder. We have all surmised that Sookie can't become a vampire because of her fairy blood, correct? And I knew there was something wiggling back in my brain about that. I figured it out watching True Blood. Hadley should have fairy blood as well. Since Gran was her Gran too, right? Hadley's mother and Sookie's father were siblings and Adele conceived both with Fintan, the fairy. So Sookie COULD be turned and be relatively okay. Now I know that Charlaine has said Sookie will never be turned but it is possible.

Personally I am anti-Bill/Sookie, pro Eric/Sookie, but ultimately would rather Sookie end up with a non-vampire at some point in time. It could be Sam, it could be Alcide especially if they work out their differences, I think the only supe I would not want her with at the end would be Quinn (he's still alive, right?)
    Yes, Quinn is still alive.
    Hadley and Jason do not have as much Fairy in them; they take after the human side more. Jason and Sookie's father was half fairy/half human. He could have given Sookie his fairy gene (dominant), and given Jason his human gene (dominant with fairy recessive), - or some mixture.........(yet we know that Jason has some fairy, and that is why women find him so attractive).

But, the reason Sookie won't be turned is because of Charlaine Harris saying it won't happen. There is something to that effect over on her Q&A forum.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Regular

how many books are there in the series???
    i still haven't find any of the books...
    they are not available in the Philippine market......

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by donnah fe;3692058;
    how many books are there in the series???
    i still haven't find any of the books...
    they are not available in the Philippine market......
    I think there are 8 in paperback, 9 overall. Does Amazon ship to the Phillipines? Even by sea and cheaply?

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3685741;
    Please provide suggestions!

The Vampire series by Kerrelyn Sparks. Excellent stories.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3689681;
    Oh, good grief, paridy! I completely forgot that Bill is related to the Bellefleurs! You're absolutely right. Bill's worked pretty hard to keep that secret. What bombshell to find out that your money and newly refurbished house is all courtesy of, not just a vampire, but a vampire you're related to!
    That seems like the likely and very amusing outcome of the storyline, but I'm stuck on the term used in your original spoiler.

[QUOTE=Critical;3687803;]
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the ailing Bill can only be healed by a blood sibling,

• EricNorthman{dot}Net • Your Ultimate Source •

The Bellefleurs would not qualify using the definition of blood sibling as sharing one or both parents. I'm not sure that Bill won't have to locate another "child" of Lorena's. That shouldn't be too hard courtesy of his software, and more importantly, if any exist.
    Last edited by Kiz; 09-08-2009 at 10:08 AM.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

+ Reply to Thread