+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Sookie Stackhouse books

Re: Sookie Stackhouse books

Just wanted to say that I bought the Amazon set, and they are in the box out of order! I am on book 4 (sorry, don't remember all the names yet), but by page 2, I felt like I was missing something. A quick internet search for the order showed me the last 3 were 'shuffled' in the box set---so cruel LOVE the books, though!

I don't want to read everything in this thread and be spoiled since I'm just starting book 4. Vampire fiction has never been my thing but I am completely hooked on this series. After reading the first two books, I watched every episode of True Blood. Despite the differences in the book and show, I surprisingly love them both. I do need to quit reading/watching late at night though...I'm having wild vampire dreams all night long.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Just finished Dead and Gone. Wow, the stuff that happens in Sookie's life. I listened to the audiobook and the reader Johanna Parker just captures Sookie perfectly. Put me in the Eric camp.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3643634;
    Just finished Dead and Gone. Wow, the stuff that happens in Sookie's life. I listened to the audiobook and the reader Johanna Parker just captures Sookie perfectly. Put me in the Eric camp.
    She is a fantastic reader for the series. Really captures the spirit of Sookie.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;3649776;
    She is a fantastic reader for the series. Really captures the spirit of Sookie.
    When I started watching True Blood last yr Anna Paquin's voice threw me for a loop as I am so used to Johanna's voice as Sookie.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kiz

I need help...I'm addicted to these books! I've been watching True Blood from the first episode, but I had not been interested in reading the books until I started reading all the rave reviews on here, and now I can't put them down. Part of the reason I want to slow down is that I don't want to get to the last of the books too quickly. I was thrilled to hear that CH will be writing more. Well, back to book four (I'm glad my husband had a business trip this week - lol).
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I can relate Kiz....I sucked down the first seven waaaaaay too quickly! Now I am waiting (IMPATIENTLY) for Amazon to deliver 8 & 9, but I did preorder 10!

Kiz

That makes me feel better, Jennifer. At least I know I'm not alone in my Sookie Stackhouse book obsession.

The books are helping me get through the week as I wait for Sunday night. I felt a stake going through my heart () when "Only three episodes left" flashed on the TV screen last night during the previews.

I'm glad the books and the TV series don't exactly follow each other. I'm really enjoying having an alternative ending to the storyline.

Premium Member

So I was reading Charlaine's blog: Book 10 will be called Dead In The Family-and it will be about Sookie, Bill, Eric and Sam's family. Wow this shoudl be interesting. Can't wait till May 2010.

Kiz

Thanks for the update on book 10, paridy. I'm trying to hold off buying book 9 until it goes to paperback. Since I just started the series last week, I'm hoping I don't have long to wait. Actually, I ended up reading 1 through 8 in just over a week, so I'm going to go back and read them again in a little more leisurely pace. The story lines kind have gotten jumbled in my head.

+ Reply to Thread