+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Sookie Stackhouse books

Re: Sookie Stackhouse books

One star reviews seem to be the norm for this one. I have yet to read a good review for it
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I thought it was terrible. I feel like she threw the last two together because she "had to" and the story just fizzled and died. Maybe she got disenchanted with the tv series and their changes, or maybe she thought they were better directions than hers, or maybe I don't know, it was just a sad, pathetic ending to a series. Not boohoo sad, just sad and pitiful. BOOOO. I'm ticked I paid full price and read it right away, but I wanted it over before the HBO series started up again in a few weeks. At least it is now behind me. *sigh*
    Wag more, bark less

Book 12 was so awful (and the first one I didn't purchase), I just went ahead and read the spoilers for this last one. Glad I didn't bother to take the time to read it, as I am supremely disappointed at who Sookie ended up with. I think some of the bad reviews I read are probably better than the book itself.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I was reading some scathing reviews on Amazon last night (yet they were pretty funny). Not happy about who she ended up with, it makes no sense. None. Also read that Harris is calling pissed off fans "entitled."

Okay. I guess I'm entitled to save my money and spend it on a book that I'll actually enjoy, then.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Entitled? Uhm, yeah. I bought every book in the series, even when I didn't really have the extra cash for them. Ive supported her from book one, so yeah, I'm entitled.
    waywyrd, ness, Critical and 1 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.

Just started "Dead Ever After".

And, yep, after "Deadlocked", it's ONLY out of having seen the entire series through thus far that I'm even bothering.

I HAVE managed to stay away from any spoilers.

But I still am not doing cartwheels, either.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Noticed on Amazon today Charlaine wrote a 200 page "epilogue" to this poor little series. It's being released in October. I'm going to wait until others buy and read it before I do it. If it sucks as bad as that last book did I won't go there. I feel like she's trying to squeeze money out of this hot mess.

I liked the last book Much more than the previous 3 or 4. I thought it made absolute sense to have Sookie end up with who she ended up with. It was who I'd been rooting for for a long time.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

After book 4 I pretty much hated all the books progressively more and more. I always figured she'd end up with Sam but Charlaine could have written that part much much better. Instead of just oops they're together now basically. She has the same problem the show does. Too many characters. Too many story lines. I didn't even know who most of the characters were in the last book.

Do not, I repeat, do NOT waste your money on the epilogue book. It's horrible. Like a paragraph per page dedicated to some of the characters. Even ones I don't remember, nor care about. You can tell she put zero thought into it. Once again, it could have been something my 14 year old self could have written.....if I sucked at language arts.
    causingchaos likes this.

+ Reply to Thread