+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Sookie Stackhouse books

Re: Sookie Stackhouse books

Just got a book trade email that gave the release date of the final book - Dead Ever After - as May 2013. I can't imagine how it will be anything but disappointing, but I'll read it anyway.....right after I read book 12.

ETA: Cover art for the final book here: http://www.charlaineharris.com/covers/deadeverafter.jpg

Let the speculation begin!
    Last edited by Critical; 11-30-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just read the penultimate book...yep, I agree, she seems to be heading in the direction I always thought she would...

Interesting cover. I'm assuming Quinn is making an appearance?

I'll read it, I can't NOT read it after sticking with the series this long.
    JavaJo likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Maybe we'll end up in fairy land just like the TV show.

edit to add (as I didn't expect this actually post) that I'll read the last book but the last couple have left me completely unenthused. i feel like she checked out of these characters books ago and has been writing out of obligation instead of out of like for the characters and story.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, it's a bit like she had a list and is checking it off. But I appreciate her sticking with it.

It must be hard with the TV show taking things in such an entirely different direction.

I started the book that came out today. Probably will finish this evening.

But I figured I'd drop in and say that apparently I cared so little about the last book I can't even remember major plot lines anymore. Nor do I know who half of these characters are after a year. Glad it's ending.

I don't want to post any spoilers but that will be a 1 star review on amazon for this book. And that's a chunk of my life I will never ever get back.

Ugh. I'm about 10% in and only reading it because I stubbornly want to know how it ends. At least my hopes are pretty low!
    Wag more, bark less

I ended up writing a review on amazon for it which I rarely do for anything. But I felt so strongly about the suckage that is this final book that I had to vent and get it out somewhere.

My biggest issue is that SO MANY characters were formulated in these books and so few were killed off by the time they all showed up in this last book I didn't even know who any of them were. And the last book was so horrible I had literally forgot any part of that story line which apparently is at least a little important in this book in the mystery part at least. So there were huge gaps in there where I was like you know I really don't care.

Then the relationship stuff. Well that's where all the spoilers are. In the end I didn't care who she ended up with. But I did want it at least to be exciting. Or you know something... which it wasn't.

All in all just a crappy send off for all the characters I felt.

Well that's certainly not a rave review. Disappointing...I'll still read it, but I'm not in a great hurry.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

+ Reply to Thread