+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Sookie Stackhouse books

Re: Sookie Stackhouse books

Apparently there will be one more book in the series. I look forward to reading whatever the next one is to wrap story lines and say good bye to the characters. I went back today and read one of the older books and the writing is completely different I feel. I was really hopeful after the last book that there was going to be some kind of good push to the end of the series but it's more like a sad little balloon deflating.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Anyone reading the new book? I'm seriously not liking it. The writing is terrible and rushed. I'll finish it because I paid for it but I really think it will be my last.
    Aw, I hate to see all these bad reviews. I have the book sitting on my counter...guess I'll finish what I'm reading now and not be in a hurry to get to it.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I should have just let this one sit for a while and read something else. I have to agree with Java - the writing was awful in this one. The story dragged along, Sookie seemed sad/bored/disgusted with everything, and I didn't like Eric at all, which is a shame.

And Claude turned out to be an idiot.

It's a good thing this series is wrapping up. Sadly, I think it's just out of steam.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Damn.

I just got "Deadlocked" today.

But I'm gonna take my time getting around to it, now.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Read it.

I agree with most opinions that this does NOT top my list of Sookie Stackhouse faves. Yep, it DID drag. Yep, it did feel rushed (I kept getting a mental image of a sweating scribe hunched over a keyboard with a clock about to strike midnight in the background). Yep, I rapidly got tired of Sookie's down-in-the-mouth, depressing demeanor throughout the book. Frankly, that tired me out and made it a chore to read, rather than a pleasure.

Claude?

SMH.

I really hope she can turn this around before the series ends altogether, but I wouldn't put money down on that happening, either.

Oh, well.

Oh, and BTW, Critical, JMHO, but you really MIGHT want to wait 'til this one comes out in paperback.

Seriously.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I blazed through most of the series, but this one just isn't cutting it for me. I downloaded it the day it came out and I am a quarter of the way through...
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I finished the new book today

yeah it wasn't the greatest, but in my opinion it was no worse than the last book---i feel the series started to decline in book 10

Click to see Spoiler:
    so, looks like her and Eric are done.....at least for a little while......i have had a suspicion for a while now that she will end up with Sam at the end of all of this, and the fact that she used the culiver dor on him just solidifies for me.....now that the fae have left earth i wonder if their story is done for good??? i actually liked the fae storyline, a lot more than the were one

I felt pretty much the same about the last book too. Didn't enjoy it that much. Can't wait to get through the last book of the series when ever it comes out and call it a day.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by snickers View Post
    I finished the new book today

yeah it wasn't the greatest, but in my opinion it was no worse than the last book---i feel the series started to decline in book 10

Click to see Spoiler:
    so, looks like her and Eric are done.....at least for a little while......i have had a suspicion for a while now that she will end up with Sam at the end of all of this, and the fact that she used the culiver dor on him just solidifies for me.....now that the fae have left earth i wonder if their story is done for good??? i actually liked the fae storyline, a lot more than the were one
    Responding to your spoiler speculation about who she will end up with, I've felt that from about book one, as that's going to lead her to the most "normal" life, which at least early on was one of her goals. In contrast to
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Bella in the Twilight series, who, if it hadn't been for a whole bunch of deus ex machina changes at the end, from pregnancy onwards, would have missed out on a lot of life by choosing Edward over Jacob.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.

I am in the minority I think - I enjoyed the last book, and can see how the ending will soon be wrapped up for this series. If you read her other series, you are prepared for the completion of this one and I'm ready. I realize that not all people enjoy her choice for endings, but I am not among them. I see where she is heading and I am looking forward to it. I am sure she has new ideas for future series and she will always have a place in my list of favored authors. I recently heard that her Harper series has been opted for a TV series...... could prove interesting.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread