+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Sookie Stackhouse books

Re: Sookie Stackhouse books

Okay, I just got my copy of Dead in the Family! Unfortunately, I have so much going on that I probably can't start it until tomorrow night. I'm really looking forward to just curling up and reading it in one sitting.

Since it has been released and some of us are going to be reading it immediately, those posters who haven't read it yet and don't want to know what happens should steer clear of this thread. Once the book is out, plot points aren't spoilers and don't need spoiler tags. That means I'll be staying out of this thread until sometime Friday morning!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Ack! My mail is running late today. I hope to dive into this one tonight...don't fail me, postman!
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

About halfway through and so far it's kind of been slow going...however, it has filled in LOTS of holes from DAG. I am planning on reading most of this evening because I go back to work tomorrow after taking the past 3 days off of work for my DH's leg surgery. I forced myself NOT to read all day yesterday and today because I wanted to get a lot of housework done while I had the time off.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Thanks for posting this -- I thought I had it in my Amazon cart, but I guess I didn't. A mistake easily rectified. Can't wait to hear what everyone thinks!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Got mine today! Can't wait to get started!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3895501;
    Got mine today! Can't wait to get started!
    Me too! I didn't think anything would come between me and the Outlander series, but Sookie might be the gal that stands between Jamie Frazier and me. (Of course, Alex, Bill and Sam sweeten the deal )

Thanks for the heads-up Critical. I didn't know it was out until I read your post.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Okay, I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to start the book now or if I should just wait until tomorrow night to start it so I can read it uninterrupted. We'll see if I can hold out, or if I end up reading all night!

I must say, I find it amusing that it says "Never before published" on the cover. No kidding. You mean the book with a publication date of May 2010 hasn't been published before? Shocking.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I was awake in the wee morning hours to finish the book...and I wish I had just gone to bed and finished it today. Not only because I'm dragging and my kids aren't...I simply didn't care for the ending. Honestly, the book was a bit of a disappointment. I'll wait until a few more people have finished to discuss anything.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I got my book and finished reading it this morning and I have to agree that I was disappointed in the ending. This book to me just didn't "feel" like the earlier books. Something was missing. But then I felt the last book was heading in that direction as well.

Kiz

I'm only half way through, and I have to agree the last two posters. I couldn't put down the other books in the series for the life of me. This book...bleh. So far, it seems a lot of the dialogue was put in just for filler. I keep thinking/hoping it'll get better. It feels like she didn't have a enthralling storyline so had to add a bunch of filler to make the book a respectable length. If I hadn't put another book that I was in the middle of reading on hold to read this one, I wouldn't be in any rush to get to the conclusion.

*I noticed the Never Before Published on the cover too. I'm wondering if they don't hold her readers to very high regard, and want to point out that Dead in the Family is the new book, so we don't get confused...lol
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

+ Reply to Thread