+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Sookie Stackhouse books

Re: Sookie Stackhouse books

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3717793;
    Just finished the series and am craving for more! I think I may need a day or two to completely absorb all that happened near the end of Dead and Gone. There was so much, I feel like I just read The Deathly Hallows all over again.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I love, love, love that Sookie and Eric have started 'discussing' their relationship. I am really curious to hear his reason(s) for not going to the shack with Bill to rescue her. I'm SOOO disappointed that Claudine was murdered, esp. with her being pregnant and all since there are so few fairy women. I'm sad that Niall's going to close the door to Fairyland and I am SOO over Jason! I hope Amelia won't hold Dawson's death against Sookie b/c I really like her character and I feel for little Hunter, that he might have some hard years ahead of him.

Oh yeah--and like others, I always assumed Niall was talking about Eric when he told Sookie that the vampire wasn't a bad man and that he loved her. I suppose he could have an inkling about Bill b/c they both searched for her when she was being held, but I thought he'd "know" Eric better...

After reading all these posts, I'm glad to hear that we've got a few more years of books to come! I guess I've kind of assumed that she'll end up with Sam b/c if she's remaining a human, he's the most compatible with her but I'm really hoping for an Eric/Sookie ending! She was just so happy when she was vampire-sitting him and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    now that he remembers it
    , I'm hoping that that'll help him in the future with her.

ps -- Give me Eric Northman any day over Edward Cullen!! LOL!!
    Totally agree. Eric's a man. Edward's an ineffectual wuss.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3718401;
    Totally agree. Eric's a man. Edward's an ineffectual wuss.
    Highly agree with that!

Quote Originally Posted by liz_momof2;3719174;
    Highly agree with that!
    I love them both. I'll take Eric at night and Edward during the day. Who needs sleep?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

For anyone interested in reading the first chapter of Charlaine Harris next Sookie Stackhouse book: "Dead in the Family", she has it up on her website. Just look up at the top, and you will see the link for Chapter 1.

I can't wait for its May release!!!!!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Kiz

I had just been wondering if there would be a new book coming out anytime soon. Yay for May!
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I was listening to an interview Charlaine Harris did for Penguin and one of the questions asked was whether Sookie might end up with someone like Quinn or Alcide...... Who is right for Sookie? Charlaine Harris is so sweet, down to earth and funny. She of course has already decided, but in answer she said that "Sookie will make up her mind based on her own criteria. Sookie will make her decision based on her long term needs and goals."
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3853720;
    I was listening to an interview Charlaine Harris did for Penguin and one of the questions asked was whether Sookie might end up with someone like Quinn or Alcide...... Who is right for Sookie? Charlaine Harris is so sweet, down to earth and funny. She of course has already decided, but in answer she said that "Sookie will make up her mind based on her own criteria. Sookie will make her decision based on her long term needs and goals."
    Well, if those include someone to grow old with you or have children with...kind of narrows it down. Of course I suppose Sookie could pull a Bella to be with one of the vamps, but I doubt Charlaine would want to appear to be imitating another vamp writer.

I was just rereading Club Dead, in preparation and anticipation of the third season of True Blood. There is a part where Sookie is still not over Bill, and Alcide is still nursing Debbie in his heart, they talk about how they are better for each other than either of the people they are dating...... but they knew that it was not the time for a romance to happen between them. Alcide said something about he would do his best to yank Debbie out of his system, and some day he would just turn up on her doorstep, when she least expects it, and hope she will be through with her vampire then. Sookie smiled and suggested "we will live happily ever after".....
    I know that after that a lot happened in the books and Alcide found and again lost, someone special to him. Maybe, he will come back in the last book? But, for some reason I always thought, maybe hoped, Sam would be "the one" in the end.
    Christopher Reeve

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3854538;
    I was just rereading Club Dead, in preparation and anticipation of the third season of True Blood. There is a part where Sookie is still not over Bill, and Alcide is still nursing Debbie in his heart, they talk about how they are better for each other than either of the people they are dating...... but they knew that it was not the time for a romance to happen between them. Alcide said something about he would do his best to yank Debbie out of his system, and some day he would just turn up on her doorstep, when she least expects it, and hope she will be through with her vampire then. Sookie smiled and suggested "we will live happily ever after".....
    I know that after that a lot happened in the books and Alcide found and again lost, someone special to him. Maybe, he will come back in the last book? But, for some reason I always thought, maybe hoped, Sam would be "the one" in the end.
    Another Sam fan here! Yes, Sookie has to go through other guys first---the kind of dating most people do in high school and college that she couldn't do because of her mindreading, but I think/hope she will come back to Sam. We know she thinks he's hot, but just 'doesn't go there" because of the workplace relationship. And we know he's interested as well.

Just finished book 7, and am waiting for Amazon to ship me 8 and 9 (got 10 on pre-order, too ). I'm still in the Sookie/Eric camp, even though she's currently with Quinn. Interesting to see so many people wanting her to end up with Sam...he hasn't been featured very prominently these last few books. We shall see...

Hurry up, Amazon!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread