+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Anyone not like the Twilight series?

Kao

Re: Anyone not like the Twilight series?

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3652044;
    I have a particular book/movie that I just don't bother mentioning any more because once I mention it, everyone in a range of 3 states has to tell how great it is, what a CLASSIC it is (still don't like it).

To Kill A Mockingbird. ugh
    I feel the same way about Heart of Darkness. I hated every single moment of reading that book, and if Brain Bleach were an actual product I would use it to wipe every bit of it from my memory.

i know i am late entering the discussion but.....

i do agree with some of the points made about the twilight series

i've read all the books, i have seen both movies and am planning on seeing eclipse, for me the twilight series is just "okay"

the first book was okay, i really liked books 2/3 and absolutely hated book 4

what i really liked about new moon was the lack of edward haha

i guess my problem with the series is, this is hardly an original idea, how many shows/books are about a love triangle with vamps....buffy, true blood, vampire diaries etc

i've recently begun reading the vampire diaries, i really like them even though it is totally different than the tv show, i'm enjoying both, and i think buffy/vampire diaries/true blood will always be 10 times better than twilight is

unless SM is going to continue with twilight which i heard she abandoned the 5th book, hopefully this madness will stop in a few years when the movies are finished

PWS
    FORT Fogey

There's stuff on why she abandoned the 5th book (which you can read a lot of on her website) on the "pro" Twilight novels thread if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by snickers;3864824;
    i know i am late entering the discussion but.....

i do agree with some of the points made about the twilight series

i've read all the books, i have seen both movies and am planning on seeing eclipse, for me the twilight series is just "okay"

the first book was okay, i really liked books 2/3 and absolutely hated book 4

what i really liked about new moon was the lack of edward haha

i guess my problem with the series is, this is hardly an original idea, how many shows/books are about a love triangle with vamps....buffy, true blood, vampire diaries etc

i've recently begun reading the vampire diaries, i really like them even though it is totally different than the tv show, i'm enjoying both, and i think buffy/vampire diaries/true blood will always be 10 times better than twilight is

unless SM is going to continue with twilight which i heard she abandoned the 5th book, hopefully this madness will stop in a few years when the movies are finished
    Just as PWS said - you are able to read the portion of Midnight Sun drafted, (and her reason why she will not finish it) on her website. I just wanted to mention that she has always emphasized that MS is not a sequel to the series, but rather a companion. So, if you were thinking it was what happens next, you might be disappointed.
    It is the entire Book 1 (Twilight), as seen through Edward's eyes instead of Bella's. I am disappointed that it won't be completed, but I look forward to a sequel to "Host"!

I am just the opposite of you, in that I enjoyed the series, which I began long before it was "popular"........ and my least liked book of the series was New Moon, because there was so little of Edward in it.
    I appreciate your feelings though, and understand that not everyone enjoys the same literature. How boring life would be if we all raved about the same things.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

i think what bothers me so much about twilight is the fact that bella is so weak! and in my opinion she did not value family/friendships very much, the cullens trumped all that

i think that is the main reason why its not my favorite, like i said, i didn't hate it, i quite enjoyed new moon/eclipse and thought new moon was a decent movie

i'm reading vampire diaries now and while elena at times does the, "if stefan dies, I die!!!!" it does not seem to bother me as much hahaha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011