+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Anyone not like the Twilight series?

Kao

Re: Anyone not like the Twilight series?

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3652044;
    I have a particular book/movie that I just don't bother mentioning any more because once I mention it, everyone in a range of 3 states has to tell how great it is, what a CLASSIC it is (still don't like it).

To Kill A Mockingbird. ugh
    I feel the same way about Heart of Darkness. I hated every single moment of reading that book, and if Brain Bleach were an actual product I would use it to wipe every bit of it from my memory.

i know i am late entering the discussion but.....

i do agree with some of the points made about the twilight series

i've read all the books, i have seen both movies and am planning on seeing eclipse, for me the twilight series is just "okay"

the first book was okay, i really liked books 2/3 and absolutely hated book 4

what i really liked about new moon was the lack of edward haha

i guess my problem with the series is, this is hardly an original idea, how many shows/books are about a love triangle with vamps....buffy, true blood, vampire diaries etc

i've recently begun reading the vampire diaries, i really like them even though it is totally different than the tv show, i'm enjoying both, and i think buffy/vampire diaries/true blood will always be 10 times better than twilight is

unless SM is going to continue with twilight which i heard she abandoned the 5th book, hopefully this madness will stop in a few years when the movies are finished

PWS
    FORT Fogey

There's stuff on why she abandoned the 5th book (which you can read a lot of on her website) on the "pro" Twilight novels thread if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by snickers;3864824;
    i know i am late entering the discussion but.....

i do agree with some of the points made about the twilight series

i've read all the books, i have seen both movies and am planning on seeing eclipse, for me the twilight series is just "okay"

the first book was okay, i really liked books 2/3 and absolutely hated book 4

what i really liked about new moon was the lack of edward haha

i guess my problem with the series is, this is hardly an original idea, how many shows/books are about a love triangle with vamps....buffy, true blood, vampire diaries etc

i've recently begun reading the vampire diaries, i really like them even though it is totally different than the tv show, i'm enjoying both, and i think buffy/vampire diaries/true blood will always be 10 times better than twilight is

unless SM is going to continue with twilight which i heard she abandoned the 5th book, hopefully this madness will stop in a few years when the movies are finished
    Just as PWS said - you are able to read the portion of Midnight Sun drafted, (and her reason why she will not finish it) on her website. I just wanted to mention that she has always emphasized that MS is not a sequel to the series, but rather a companion. So, if you were thinking it was what happens next, you might be disappointed.
    It is the entire Book 1 (Twilight), as seen through Edward's eyes instead of Bella's. I am disappointed that it won't be completed, but I look forward to a sequel to "Host"!

I am just the opposite of you, in that I enjoyed the series, which I began long before it was "popular"........ and my least liked book of the series was New Moon, because there was so little of Edward in it.
    I appreciate your feelings though, and understand that not everyone enjoys the same literature. How boring life would be if we all raved about the same things.
    Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

i think what bothers me so much about twilight is the fact that bella is so weak! and in my opinion she did not value family/friendships very much, the cullens trumped all that

i think that is the main reason why its not my favorite, like i said, i didn't hate it, i quite enjoyed new moon/eclipse and thought new moon was a decent movie

i'm reading vampire diaries now and while elena at times does the, "if stefan dies, I die!!!!" it does not seem to bother me as much hahaha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011