+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Re: The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3134883;
    For the Twilight series, it was the characters that I fell in love with. Loving the characters is a personal thing between author and reader. While the author provides very descriptive character analysis, a lot of it is still in the readers imagination. When I started reading Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire series, I was not as attracted to the characters at first, because Twilight vampires were my first exposure to what I knew/expected of vampires. It took me awhile to warm up to the series, but now I love them as well.

I found the reading of the Twilight series very easy, as is usually the case with "young adult" books; but the story line becomes more complex with each additional book. Eclipse (book 3) was my favorite. You might find them growing more enjoyable, as you read more of them...
    You have got to try Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters or Christine Feehan's Carpathian's if you want to try some vampires with a twist.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3150028;
    You have got to try Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters or Christine Feehan's Carpathian's if you want to try some vampires with a twist.
    Thanks! Someone else recommended them so I've just added them to my must read list. Just brought home 42 books from a recent family visit. I brought them 25 and thought they would find that impressive. lol
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

The Host

by Stephanie Meyer. I just finished it and am so sad there is not a sequel! Not yet at least. I heard her mention 2 more possible - The Soul and The Seeker.

I love, love loved it! Can't say I liked it better than Twilight, cause they are both so addicting. She may not be the best writer of all time, but man she has a fabulous imagination! And she made me LOVE vampires and aliens! LOL

I would love to see this one made into a movie too!
    Reality TV Addict.
    Why can't my life be this interesting?

I loved this book too! I heard there will be both a sequel and a movie too.

I'd love to see this book in movie form. I just finished reading it a couple of days ago. Once I got to Jebs cave, I couldn't put it down and finished it in about two days. I really liked it. Hope she hurries up with part 2!

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3701507;
    I'd love to see this book in movie form. I just finished reading it a couple of days ago. Once I got to Jebs cave, I couldn't put it down and finished it in about two days. I really liked it. Hope she hurries up with part 2!
    Well she was almost through with the 2nd sequel ("The Soul') about the time Breaking Dawn was released. She had the outline for Book 3 ("The Seeker") completed by then as well, but all of that was discussed on her Germany tour, and I haven't heard anything about Stephenie writing since.

I agree with you though - I thought it was about one third of the way in, before I became really absorbed in The Host. I wonder if it was my unfamiliarity with the concept that made it so difficult initially, or if the writing was just not as interesting in the beginning? I think it was more the former. It is like learning something new I guess, it takes a little while to get a feel or handle on it; then it is smooth sailing. The concept was new to me and it took me a while to "get it".
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Yeah, it took me a little bit to really get into the swing of things, too. Once I did, I enjoyed it. I will admit that I was very emotional reading it. Don't know if it was the PMS I was suffering or if I just thought it was sad, but I had tissues handy once she reached the cave.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Looks like The Host is being made into a movie soon.
    Perez Hilton: Twilight's Author Gets Another Movie Made
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Yea! This would make a really cool movie.
    Count your blessings!

This is either be a very good movie or a really bad movie. So much of The Host's story is in her head and while seeing all the worlds she lived in would be wonderful it might be very hard to translate to screen. I just remember Jean Auel's "Clan of the Cave Bear" which was a beautiful book to read and the author made the world come alive in your head but the movie with Darryl Hannah was quite horrible and difficult to watch. Still with CGI now all the rage they may be able to pull it off especially with the spillover Twilight fanbase and with a good budget and of course some really good script writers.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast