+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Books into Movies: Opinions, Reviews, Dsappointments and Vctories

Re: Books into Movies: Opinions, Reviews, Dsappointments and Vctories

For those interested in the Twilight movie, here are the latest additions to cast:

Twilight Lexicon ~ The Official Stephenie Meyer Fan Sponsored Information And Discussion Site
    Elizabeth Reaser Esme
    Ashley Greene Alice
    Nikki Reed Rosalie
    Peter Facinelli Carlisle

Rachel Lefevre Victoria

Still no word on Jacob. Open casting call though for extras if you live near Portland, OR.
    Stephenie Meyer .com

CCL

I wouldn't have thought of Nikki Reed as Rosalie - isn't Rosalie supposed to be blonde? And Peter Facinelli seems too young to be Carlisle. I've never heard of the other two but I looked them up on imdb. There is a picture of Ashley Greene with her hair slicked back where she total looks like Alice. She could be good. Elizabeth Reaser looks good but again I think she's a bit too young to play Esme. Ah, well, I guess we'll see what happens.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2794180;
    I wouldn't have thought of Nikki Reed as Rosalie - isn't Rosalie supposed to be blonde? And Peter Facinelli seems too young to be Carlisle. I've never heard of the other two but I looked them up on imdb. There is a picture of Ashley Greene with her hair slicked back where she total looks like Alice. She could be good. Elizabeth Reaser looks good but again I think she's a bit too young to play Esme. Ah, well, I guess we'll see what happens.
    Elizabeth Reaser recently had/has a recurring role on Greys Anatomy (Alex's Eva) and I think she looks in her late 20's on the show, but she does look much younger in her pictures. I will see better once they take on their characters, like Nicole Kidman did in The Hours - they can really transform themselves.
    It will be interesting to see how they fit in the movie; I loved Richard Harris as Dumbledore in the HP movies and never quite settled with Michael Gambon in that role after Harris died.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2794722;
    I loved Richard Harris as Dumbledore in the HP movies and never quite settled with Michael Gambon in that role after Harris died.
    Honestly, I've never noticed the difference between Gambon and Harris in the HP movies. I always think of them as the same person and never noticed the difference when Gambon took over. I'd probably have to watch the versions back to back to notice it. Maybe the long beard and flowing white hair are enough for me. Speaking of casting, however, I think the HP movies are very well cast.
    Last edited by CCL; 02-14-2008 at 05:31 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Well, I always felt Harris portrayal was softer, gentler and more loving of Harry Potter. I felt Gambon was a tougher and a more aloof Dumbledore.

I remember seeing Harris on the Rosie Show interviewed before the first one came out, and he said his granddaughter had told him that he must take the part or she would never speak to him again. He was moved by her passion and from what I remember he had read all the books written at that point.

I don't know whether Gambon ever read anything other then the script, but I remember reading something about him wanting to create his own headmaster and that he was not going to imitate Harris creation (and I can appreciate his feelings about that); but I felt that between the two - Harris had nailed it IMO.

But, you know everyone has their own imagination and I respect Gambon's portrayal, even if different from what I had imagined Dumbledore to be like. (My version of Dumbledore looked and spoke more like Harris, even before Harris was selected for the part.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2794779;
    Well, I always felt Harris portrayal was softer, gentler and more loving of Harry Potter. I felt Gambon was a tougher and a more aloof Dumbledore.

I remember seeing Harris on the Rosie Show interviewed before the first one came out, and he said his granddaughter had told him that he must take the part or she would never speak to him again. He was moved by her passion and from what I remember he had read all the books written at that point.

I don't know whether Gambon ever read anything other then the script, but I remember reading something about him wanting to create his own headmaster and that he was not going to imitate Harris creation (and I can appreciate his feelings about that); but I felt that between the two - Harris had nailed it IMO.

But, you know everyone has their own imagination and I respect Gambon's portrayal, even if different from what I had imagined Dumbledore to be like. (My version of Dumbledore looked and spoke more like Harris, even before Harris was selected for the part.)
    I totally agree with your thoughts about Gambon. I didn't like him as Dumbledore at all-to me Harris made the first movies! Gambon seemed to be too tough and didn't share the connection with the students and I always imagined Dumbledore had from reading the books.

tamalaine! Welcome to the FORT! I don't know which other forums you have been posting in but welcome to the Books!

The Fanning girls (Dakota and Elle) have backed out of My Sister's Keeper movie (Jodi Picoult book) because Dakota did not want to have her head shaved bald. They have been replaced by Sofia Vassilieva and Abigail Breslin in the roles of elder and younger sisters. I guess Sofia (plays Allyson DuBois eldest TV daughter on Medium) does not object to having her head shaved for the role. I haven't started the book yet but it is in my pile to read.

I noticed that Twilight Lexicon is featuring some Q & A with Stephenie while on her world tour regarding her books and upcoming movie for anyone interested:

Twilight Lexicon ~ The Official Stephenie Meyer Fan Sponsored Information And Discussion Site

Sam Uley role has been cast for Twilight: Solomon Trimble (here is a picture and article for anyone interested).

Role in Twilight lets student shine - News

+ Reply to Thread