+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

FORT Fanatic

Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

I just discovered this series last week and I just finished the third book today! It is really a great series. Sounds silly and corny I am sure but a real page turner.

The books in order are

Twilight
    New Moon
    Eclipse

A average highschool girl falls in love with an other worldly boy at her highschool only to discover he is part of a vampire family. A "vegetarian" vampire family, meaning they have vowed only to eat animal blood never human. You can imagine the struggles of their love story but it is very well written and fast paced with lots of action and tug of war on the line between human emotions and vampire emotions.

Lots of fun!

FORT Newbie

Re: Bella and Edward series by Stephanie Meyer

I just finished reading Twilight and totally loved it. I am waiting for New Moon to be delivered in a few days. The problem, I must confess, is that curiosity was stronger than me this time because and I definitely had to read some reviews for Eclipse...
    Right now, I am sort of confused because I got to know *the following might be a spoiler*
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Bella falls in love with Jake!!!! I really could not believe my eyes. I know it will be like that, so I am just getting prepared so as to to be so dissapointed once I read it. I just beg that on the fourth book of the series Bella stays with him and finally becomes an inmortal.
    Last edited by Critical; 08-15-2007 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Please use spoiler tags!

MRD

My daughter is a huge fan of this series.

You know the author hangs out here at FORT.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fanatic

Seriously!!! how do you know?? Here is a big toast to her! I have now bought three sets of the series to pass out to friends and family because I want to keep my own as I am immediately re-reading them! I know it is found in the teen lit section but I am quite a few decades from being a teen and I couldn't put them down.

I am now constantly imagining the movie casting and hearing the perfect soundtrack. In paticular during the first meadow scene in Twilight I happened to be listening to Patty Griffin's heavenly day and it was so perfect for that part.

Malena don't worry too much that is the problem with spoilers they often only give you part of the picture.

Stepanie Meyer if your reading this give a shout out or a private pm would love to hear from you!
    Last edited by Bandy; 08-15-2007 at 12:36 PM.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;2527386;
    Seriously!!! how do you know?? Here is a big toast to her! I have now bought three sets of the series to pass out to friends and family because I want to keep my own as I am immediately re-reading them! I know it is found in the teen lit section but I am quite a few decades from being a teen and I couldn't put them down.

I am now constantly imagining the movie casting and hearing the perfect soundtrack. In paticular during the first meadow scene in Twilight I happened to be listening to Patty Griffin's heavenly day and it was so perfect for that part.

Malena don't worry too much that is the problem with spoilers they often only give you part of the picture.

Stepanie Meyer if your reading this give a shout out or a private pm would love to hear from you!
    Other Forters told me. I think if you go into the what are you reading now, its mentioned again. I first heard this about a year or so ago.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I just gave Twilight to my niece for her birthday last month. She loved the book.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2527851;
    Other Forters told me. I think if you go into the what are you reading now, its mentioned again. I first heard this about a year or so ago.
    She mentions FORT in the acknowledgements page in Twilight.

I read in the New York Times that there was an initial printing of 1 million books for Eclipse which is just an amazing number.

I did like Eclipse, but not as much as the first two because
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I felt that Bella's determination that she was in love with Jacob and that he was her soulmate - along with Edward, who she was also in love with and who was also her soulmate - was a bit much. I understand her loving Jacob, but I didn't see her being in love with him.
    Last edited by CCL; 08-15-2007 at 05:58 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2527851;
    Yes, Stephenie was a frequent poster when I joined FORT.. but her life has gotten quite crazy since then.

Not that I ever truly knew her, but I still get a surge of pride when I see her EVERYWHERE getting rave reviews, and special promotions in my Borders email, etc. Those of the long time FORTers that knew her well must be feeling that tenfold.

LG.

Those of us who went to the first FORTCon in Chicago (what year was that, again, 2004) got to meet Stephenie (and her lovely husband) back before she was a famous author. I love these books and am finishing up Eclipse right now, so avoiding ending spoilers ****I can't hear you blah blah blah**** And yes, I'm always so proud of her when I see her being interviewed for the books. I knew her when *sniff*
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fanatic

Well love Eclipse because I was so worried all the way through new moon! Having to reread the series now because it will be a year before the next one I am sure!! Dang it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast