+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

Re: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

I am thrilled over the selection of Kristen Stewart to play Bella in the Twilight movie, and I agree with Stephenie - that Henry Cavill would have made the perfect Edward sigh( I just love him). I could easily forget/forgive that he is rapidly growing older.

StephenieMeyer.com | Twilight Series | Twilight | Twilight the Movie

Premium Member

It's funny that she looks very similar to how I imagined Bella would look. I'm very excited for this movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2703307;
    It's funny that she looks very similar to how I imagined Bella would look. I'm very excited for this movie!
    I agree, as soon as I saw her - I thought oh yes, that is my idea of Bella! I can't wait to see who they cast for Edward. They say release date will be 2009, with production beginning in Feb 2008.
    I am really excited it is being made into a movie - yay Stephenie!!!!

Premium Member

I'm late to this party, I just started reading New Moon. They will never get by with just one movie, they will have to do the sequels too.

CCL regarding Jacob and imprinting
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I guess it is up to personal interpretation but I think Jacob has not imprinted yet. There are several Eclipse references which support this.
    1. When Jacob and Edward were talking while Jacob was keeping Bella warm at the campsite. Jacob asked Edward what he would do if Bella decided she wanted Jacob instead of Edward and he responded that he would let her go. Jake said "Just like that?" and Edward's response then was "In the sense that I'd never show her how hard it was for me, yes. But I would keep watch. You see, Jacob, you might leave her someday. Like Sam and Emily, you wouldn't have a choice. I would always be waiting in the wings, hoping for that to happen. " Page 502 Eclipse hardcover.

2. When Bella was talking to Jake the last time after he was injured ( I guess saying goodbye), she said: "I want to love you and make you happy. And I can't, and it's killing me. It's like Sam and Emily, Jake - I never had a choice. I always knew nothing would change. Maybe that's why I was fighting against you so hard." Bella was comparing her love for Edward to what Sam and Emily have. Page 600, Eclipse hardcover.

3. Just before Bella leaves Jakearound page 603, she tells him to be good and do what Carlisle tells him and he will get well faster. Jake says Sure, sure. Then Bella says " I wonder when it will happen, .... When the right girl is going to catch your eye." Implying that Jake will someday imprint on a lucky girl (my interpretation).

I think if Jake had imprinted Bella she would not have been able to resist Jacob, also I think imprinting is spontaneous and not something you can force on the other. It is like embracing your destiny clearly. I think the imprinting process exists between Bella and Edward. (just my personal interpretation though).

I just love this series and would enjoy seeing a book from Jacob's perspective and Edwards also. Can't wait for her next one!

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    I'm late to this party, I just started reading New Moon. They will never get by with just one movie, they will have to do the sequels too.
    I think that is why the actor who Stephenie feels is her "Edward" type, (mine too) is to old right now. Although, I don't believe she has any casting veto power, but still I think they are looking for actors young enough now to follow through all of the series.

I hope you're right Mike'sgirl. I want Jacob to be happy.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2711074;
    I hope you're right Mike'sgirl. I want Jacob to be happy.
    Me too! In fact, I would love the story to continue from Jake's perspective going forward. I want him to imprint on some wonderful girl and be as happy as Bella and Edward!

CCL

I don't know if we should still be spoilering but Mike'sgirl
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I don't think that Jacob has imprinted yet either. I can't remember if this was from the book, or from reading an interview with Stephenie Meyer, but as I recall it was said that he had tried to imprint with Bella but it hadn't worked. That's not to say it couldn't work in the future, I guess. (Not sure how imprinting works exactly. If Jacob was trying to imprint on Bella I would say that it doesn't have to happen the first time the werewolf ever sees his intended).

I liked Jacob in books 1 & 2 but I didn't like him so much in the third book. I found him too pushy, obnoxiously so.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

CCL

I don't see this on imdb yet but I've heard that they've cast Robert Pattinson to play Edward in the movie. He played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2715612;
    I don't see this on imdb yet but I've heard that they've cast Robert Pattinson to play Edward in the movie. He played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Yes, I did see that also. While he is not exactly my idea of Edward - I think he will do well for the part. No cast will be perfect to everyone. I am pleased with Bella - Kristen Stewart though. I wonder who they will get to play Jake?

Speaking of which:
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    I liked Jacob in books 1 & 2 but I didn't like him so much in the third book. I found him too pushy, obnoxiously so.
    It's funny how some characters will bug you one minute and then endear you the next. Jake bugged me in the 2nd book. I liked his friendship with Bella, grateful he saved her - more then once but didn't want him to be "in love" with her. I wanted him to just be a good friend/brother type. I also didn't like Bella considering him as a rebound substitute for Edward. But, I was completely shocked when Bella realized in Book 3 that she had actual romantic non friendly feelings for Jake; and that washed away all of my prior feelings that he was stepping out of bounds with his romantic feelings.

When Edward was away, I resented Jake's advances; but when Edward was back - I thought/knew Jake never had a chance and completely embraced him. In the 3rd book I grew to love Jake, and would love for him to meet his own "Emily".

+ Reply to Thread