+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

Re: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

I'm now really interested in reading these books. Everyone here seems to love them and I'm really curious as to who the author is. My "to read"-pile isn't very high at the moment, so maybe they'll be next in line.

femme - they're very fast reads and highly entertaining. I was surprised because adolescent fantasy is not a genre I normally read and I was hooked. I finally allowed myself to finish the third one and didn't have any of the qualms some of you here did. There has to be some grist for the mill and if you go back and read the explanation of "imprinting", I think you'll see why a lot of it happened in the first place. (I tried to word that so as not to need spoiler tags.) I have high hopes for immortality in the 4th book.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fanatic

I absolutely agree Gut, I think the next title is Forever Dawn, if that is true then maybe our hopes will happen!!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;2554268;
    I absolutely agree Gut, I think the next title is Forever Dawn, if that is true then maybe our hopes will happen!!
    Close. It's actually "Breaking Dawn."
    I don't know if the author will want to draw out Bella's conversion based on the number of books she has planned. Though I wouldn't like the series to end with Bella turning into a vampire - I 'd like to see her afterlife (as it were). Presuming she does turn into a vampire that is (I don't see how she could not, but you never know...).
    Gutmutter - (Using spoiler tags to be on the safe side)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Do you think Jacob has imprinted with Bella, then? It was never explicitly said in the book and I always found myself to be wavering between waiting for him to imprint on someone else and presuming that he had already imprinted on Bella. Though, personally, I don't think he has imprinted on Bella; I think he just loves her and has done so since the events of book 2.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Re: Bella and Edward series by Stephanie Meyer

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2528530;
    Those of us who went to the first FORTCon in Chicago (what year was that, again, 2004) got to meet Stephenie (and her lovely husband) back before she was a famous author. I love these books and am finishing up Eclipse right now, so avoiding ending spoilers ****I can't hear you blah blah blah**** And yes, I'm always so proud of her when I see her being interviewed for the books. I knew her when *sniff*
    Yep - it was 2004, LG. I was just going through my pictures and I could only fine a couple; one with Spegs (Steph), Mr. Spegs & Manny, and one with Spegs, Lucy and Stargazer. I need to get permission before I post them, though. DAMN - that was a great time. *sniff*
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna;2547927;
    Steph is a great friend of mine, and one of the first people I met on the site. I've even been to her house.
    I remember her giving FORT a shout-out, but didn't she give you an individual 'special' shout-out in Acknowledgments?

Well, I was on a waiting list for almost six months (Talking Books for the Blind) and it was WELL worth the wait. They just now finished recording the second book and I have my name on the list again. I absolutely LOVED Twilight and didn't even realize it was a series.

I turned my 14-year-old niece on to it and evidently it's HUGE where she goes to school.

This is kind of a fun thread to go as it tracks some of Stephenie's postings about how this all came to be.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Try listening to the audiobooks if your reading pile is too high like mind is. That's how I have "read" the first 2 books and rediscovered the world of young adults fantasy. Also check out Tamora Pierce and Trickster's Choice and Trickster's Queen.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Aww, Jewels, thanks for posting that link . . . lots of good memories. Ah, when we were young and free.

There was a thing in acknowledgments, but it doesn't seem to be in the later editions. (So everyone just thinks I'm insane when I see it in the bookstore and go all, "HEY I KNOW HER!")

Here's what it says:

And my online family, the talented staff and writers at fansofrealitytv.com, particularly Kimberly "Shazzer," and Collin "Mantenna," for the encouragement, advice, and inspiration.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Manny, that's what it said on my taped recording. I think I screamed when I heard it (my poor neighbors) because I was *SO* not expecting that. It was like, "Not only have I personally met the author, but she just gave a shout out to my most dearest friend on FORT".

Yeah, I think I screamed.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

An FYI for Stephanie Meyer fans in the Washington DC metro area.

I just stopped by the huge Borders in Fairfax, VA and picked up a flyer. Stephanie Meyer will be reading and signing her newest release Elipse, Thursday, September 13th at 7:00pm at the Borders in Fairfax, VA at 11054 Lee Hwy - 703-359-8420
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I miss Jacob!

+ Reply to Thread