+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

Re: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

Can someone bring me up to date with "spegs", I'm assuming her name is Stephanie or am I really confused? I see it looks like her book got published a couple of years ago, but the link that was provided is expired. What is the name of her book?

ETA Ok wait a minute, is this who I think it is? Right here from FORT?????

EETA OMG it is her! Holy cow!

Nov 20 2003
    Is everyone at the FORT a writer? Otherwise known as: Secret ambitions
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 11-22-2009 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3755001;
    Can someone bring me up to date with "spegs", I'm assuming her name is Stephanie or am I really confused? I see it looks like her book got published a couple of years ago, but the link that was provided is expired. What is the name of her book?

ETA Ok wait a minute, is this who I think it is? Right here from FORT?????

EETA OMG it is her! Holy cow!

Nov 20 2003
    Is everyone at the FORT a writer? Otherwise known as: Secret ambitions
    Just confirming that "spegs" is Stephanie Meyer as you suspected. (Yes, the book she referred to was her first book Twilight)
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3756141;
    Just confirming that "spegs" is Stephanie Meyer as you suspected. (Yes, the book she referred to was her first book Twilight)
    I'm still floored. I went back and read her posts, back in 2003, and other posters encouraging her to get her book published. She had a different name for the book, there were good discussions back and forth from other posters on what the name should be, then she posts the publishing company or whoever, recommended the name should be "Twilight". Its incredible. Who would have ever thought.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3757266;
    I'm still floored. I went back and read her posts, back in 2003, and other posters encouraging her to get her book published. She had a different name for the book, there were good discussions back and forth from other posters on what the name should be, then she posts the publishing company or whoever, recommended the name should be "Twilight". Its incredible. Who would have ever thought.
    I never saw that thread either--very cool at how quickly it all happened for her. I felt like it was a little 'behind the scenes' while reading it. [And I loved her little pseudo-rant about her DH giving her crap for being on the computer all summer and how he changed his tune when it got published.] MEN! [Or maybe I should just say husbands!]
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3757399;
    I never saw that thread either--very cool at how quickly it all happened for her. I felt like it was a little 'behind the scenes' while reading it. [And I loved her little pseudo-rant about her DH giving her crap for being on the computer all summer and how he changed his tune when it got published.] MEN! [Or maybe I should just say husbands!]
    This is a bit late, but I just discovered the series while I was on my maternity leave this winter. In the acknowledgements for Twilight, she thanks fansofrealitytv.com, and actually calls out a couple of posters in particular. I am going back to read some of the older posts here to get the scoop, but if anyone is around who knows and can give me the 50 word or less rundown, that would be great!! She used to be (still is?) a poster here?

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3840103;
    This is a bit late, but I just discovered the series while I was on my maternity leave this winter. In the acknowledgements for Twilight, she thanks fansofrealitytv.com, and actually calls out a couple of posters in particular. I am going back to read some of the older posts here to get the scoop, but if anyone is around who knows and can give me the 50 word or less rundown, that would be great!! She used to be (still is?) a poster here?
    Her FoRT names was(is?) "spegs". I believe she was still around when I first joined the boards, but I haven't seen posts from her in a long time. She probably has better things to do with her time now!

I just noticed there is actually a discussion about this very topic just a few posts back up the thread from yours.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

She was still posting back when I jointed, too. She was a frequent poster on threads I liked so I remembered her FORT name. I think she is by far our most successful "graduate" (using monetary/fame measures anyway!); it is encouraging when you "knew" someone "when".
    If I were her and still had time to read and post, which she's probably had little of these days, I think I'd change my "name" though, to be able to post more anonymously...and to not be besieged with rants from Twilight lovers and haters (of which FORT has both--see the books and movies threads). I admit if I were her I'd be curious enough to come back and see what FORT thought of my books/movies.

I don't know if I've been under a rock or if this was hush-hush but I had no idea this was coming. Should be an interesting perspective...from that of a newborn vampire.

StephenieMeyer.com | The Official Website of Stephenie Meyer
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Well I am curious enough that I just pre-ordered if from Amazon. That way I can re-read Eclipse and tear into this new book before the movie comes out. I am so looking forward to it!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just came here to say I just got an e-ad from Amazon that we could pre-order it!

+ Reply to Thread