+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

You can also always look up all of any poster's posts under their name (see some of those headings at the top to figure out how).

For those who've run through all the books, I think I've read here that there is a parallel book from Edward's viewpoint that's posted on her website. Haven't looked at it yet so I may not have that quite right.

Just got the 3rd book... have been patiently waiting for it to be in paperback--don't like to mix paper and bound on my bookshelves and I started in paper. The thing weighs as much as a hardcover though....defeating one of the advantages of paper--easy in bed reading!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3686846;
    You can also always look up all of any poster's posts under their name (see some of those headings at the top to figure out how).

For those who've run through all the books, I think I've read here that there is a parallel book from Edward's viewpoint that's posted on her website. Haven't looked at it yet so I may not have that quite right.

Just got the 3rd book... have been patiently waiting for it to be in paperback--don't like to mix paper and bound on my bookshelves and I started in paper. The thing weighs as much as a hardcover though....defeating one of the advantages of paper--easy in bed reading!
    Midnight Sun which is the retelling of Twilight through Edward's viewpoint instead of Bella's - what an eye opener that is!!!!

Sadly, she shared her early drafts (not even completed) with a few trusted individuals and somehow it was posted (with it's unfinished look) on the net. Spegs was so disappointed and disheartened that she has put off the completion indefinitely. When she does finish it, she may or may not share it with the public. She wanted to write it for her ownsake anyway.

Even in a rough state, I felt it was a powerful look into Edward's personality and character. After completing the books, I recommend going over to her website and reading it.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3686878;
    Midnight Sun which is the retelling of Twilight through Edward's viewpoint instead of Bella's - what an eye opener that is!!!!

Sadly, she shared her early drafts (not even completed) with a few trusted individuals and somehow it was posted (with it's unfinished look) on the net. Spegs was so disappointed and disheartened that she has put off the completion indefinitely. When she does finish it, she may or may not share it with the public. She wanted to write it for her ownsake anyway.

Even in a rough state, I felt it was a powerful look into Edward's personality and character. After completing the books, I recommend going over to her website and reading it.
    But I am such a Jacob fan!!!!

Out of all the characters I felt like he was the most 'real'...the one guy who seemed to act and react just like any teenage dude would..from the immature moments, his often ill-fated desires, his stubborness, his EVERYTHING-he just felt like a real guy.
    And, now, it doesn't hurt that the guy playing him is a total hottie.

I just wish things would have turned out differently for him...finding a great love outside of the craziness of Bella and her new world. I felt like SM might be setting something up with Leah, which would have made an excellent story as they were both passed over for someone else. Perhaps they would have made/been the greatest love story of all...
    (and I never liked the imprinting crap, seems like the loss of free will to me, no matter how you spin it).

CCL

^ I agree - I was hoping for a Jacob-Leah match as well.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3685743;
    Because of you freaking wonderful forters I gave in and picked up the first book in the Twilight series...thank you! Now, I have finished them all and I'm left without any more potential reads. I am bringing over a query in hopes that you can help me again!

I am in a bit of a pickle trying to figure out what to read next! I flew through the Twilight series and the sookie books last(ed) about two days around here..but now?

Please provide suggestions!

Here are some books in/near the same genre that I adore:
    Sookie (Southern Vampire Series) (I should throw in that I really enjoyed Lily Bard as well)
    Twilight (my favorite was probably New Moon, and yes, I'm still a bit ticked about Jacob's storyline)
    The Sword of Truth Series
    Harry Potter
    Eragon
    Dune

I guess I am looking for new worlds with lots of 'supes.' I love Charlaine's humor, I enjoyed the overall plot of Harry Potter, and the diversity (characters, plot, different beings, mixing with the humans) in all of the above. And I may have a bit of a soft spot for vampires (particularly Eric from the sookie novels).

HELP!... and Thanks ; )
    Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward is awesome (but definitely R rated.)

Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon is also good. It's more a mix of greek mythology and vamps, but still awesome (also R rated...hmmm...me thinks, I have a problem... )

Undead series by Mary Janice Davidson (CaliLily recommended this as well) is good, and more light hearted than the ones above. Both BDB and DH series are in depth (but WAY interesting) and have many books in the series. Keeps you busy for a while.

Regarding Twilight - Spegs, if you read this still, know that you re-inspired my love of reading (my husband hates you. ) I had my nose buried in a book almost all the time growing up. I slowed down considerably when I got married and had my son. I picked up Twilight on a business trip, and 3 days later had read the whole series, then I couldn't stop. I missed my books. It's nice to be back.

Twilight the move sucked. I know the books are always better, but the direction in the movie left much to be desired. New Moon looks a LOT better. Super excited for it to come out.

The whole series was well written, IMHO. I love how both Bella and Edward got things that they so desperately needed, but didn't even know they did, by the end. Bella was stronger than she ever thought possible. Edward ended up not taking away ANYTHING from Bella like he so feared. Even Jacob (and I'm Team Edward all the way) found out that while he got his heart broken, it was for the best because his true "love" was yet to be found. It did a great job at showing how complicated and yet simple (and often for the best) life turns out to be.
    Last edited by Redlady; 09-02-2009 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Forgot to add....
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything useful, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    F - is for Fire that burns down the whole town.
    U - is for Uranium...BOMBS!
    N - is for No survivors...
    - Plankton, Spongebob Squarepants (FUN Song)

Amazon is celebrating its 10 years by having 10 weeks of sweepstakes. This week is a package of Twilight merchandise including a trip to LA for the New Moon premiere with meet 'n' greet. Check it out at amazon.com!
    Count your blessings!

Just noticed that Stephenie is going to be on Oprah today. It's on at 4pm here in Detroit. FYI....
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

She's on right now here in Mass!
    OMG, she's so cute!
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 11-13-2009 at 04:29 PM.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3749861;
    She's on right now here in Mass!
    OMG, she's so cute!
    More details, please! Amazingly there's nothing on the Oprah thread about this!

You can see it on YouTube. She seems like such a sweet person. I liked how they showed a little glimpse into her everyday life. Such a success couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.

+ Reply to Thread