+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

Re: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

Does anyone know how to go about finding Stephenie's (spegs) posts here before the Twilight series came out? I'd love to read anything she wrote when she was conceiving the idea/starting to write.
    Count your blessings!

I have to admit at first, I wasn't that all into these Twilight books, but the more I heard that people were reading them, especially my family and friends, I figured what the heck I will get the first book and try it out. Well I did and I am totally addicted to them. I have read all four books of the Twilight series and I can absolutely say that i LOVED them. I really wish that she would come out with more twilight books. I can not wait for the movie to come out!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3651183;
    Does anyone know how to go about finding Stephenie's (spegs) posts here before the Twilight series came out? I'd love to read anything she wrote when she was conceiving the idea/starting to write.
    Jewelsy posted the link to this thread a while back:

Is everyone at the FORT a writer? Otherwise known as: Secret ambitions

For example, spegs posted:

Fun thread, Shazz. The FORT is so talented. There must be some genetic link between creativity, English degrees, and the love of reality television.

I majored in English, so of course I'm an aspiring writer. I have pretty small audience, though. I write novels for my sister, because I'm too much of a coward to go public. She's a stay at home mom, too, so she actually enjoys it when I drop a 500+ monster on her doorstep. I'm working on her christmas present right now--not even halfway through and I'm already on page 300 , poor my sister. (That's why I haven't been to the FORT as much this summer).

I did look into the whole idea of trying to get published, but I was quickly frightened off by the bewildering world of agents and queries and rejection slips. Maybe some other time when I'm feeling braver.

I have to write, though, to stay sane. Most of my live conversations revolve around "potty" and "binkie".
    Yay for us she got brave and got published.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Thank you for that CCL!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by pwettybird;3651229;
    I have to admit at first, I wasn't that all into these Twilight books, but the more I heard that people were reading them, especially my family and friends, I figured what the heck I will get the first book and try it out. Well I did and I am totally addicted to them. I have read all four books of the Twilight series and I can absolutely say that i LOVED them. I really wish that she would come out with more twilight books. I can not wait for the movie to come out!
    You should try her other book The Host. It is really twisted and weird but very good at the same time!

I really hope the next movie does the book New Moon justice. From the trailer it definately looks better.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Because of you freaking wonderful forters I gave in and picked up the first book in the Twilight series...thank you! Now, I have finished them all and I'm left without any more potential reads. I am bringing over a query in hopes that you can help me again!

I am in a bit of a pickle trying to figure out what to read next! I flew through the Twilight series and the sookie books last(ed) about two days around here..but now?

Please provide suggestions!

Here are some books in/near the same genre that I adore:
    Sookie (Southern Vampire Series) (I should throw in that I really enjoyed Lily Bard as well)
    Twilight (my favorite was probably New Moon, and yes, I'm still a bit ticked about Jacob's storyline)
    The Sword of Truth Series
    Harry Potter
    Eragon
    Dune

I guess I am looking for new worlds with lots of 'supes.' I love Charlaine's humor, I enjoyed the overall plot of Harry Potter, and the diversity (characters, plot, different beings, mixing with the humans) in all of the above. And I may have a bit of a soft spot for vampires (particularly Eric from the sookie novels).

HELP!... and Thanks ; )

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3685743;
    Because of you freaking wonderful forters I gave in and picked up the first book in the Twilight series...thank you! Now, I have finished them all and I'm left without any more potential reads. I am bringing over a query in hopes that you can help me again!

I am in a bit of a pickle trying to figure out what to read next! I flew through the Twilight series and the sookie books last(ed) about two days around here..but now?

Sookie (Southern Vampire Series) (I should throw in that I really enjoyed Lily Bard as well)
    Twilight (my favorite was probably New Moon, and yes, I'm still a bit ticked about Jacob's storyline)
    Harry Potter
    Eragon
    Dune

I guess I am looking for new worlds with lots of 'supes.' I love Charlaine's humor, I enjoyed the overall plot of Harry Potter, and the diversity (characters, plot, different beings, mixing with the humans) in all of the above. And I may have a bit of a soft spot for vampires (particularly Eric from the sookie novels).

HELP!... and Thanks ; )
    You might like either The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare or the Blue Blood series by Melissa de la Cruz. I've read both and they are great! A new one I am about to start is called Undead and Unwed by Mary Janice Davidson. They are supposed to be like Sookie Stackhouse meets Stephanie Plum. Good luck finding something.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3651369;
    You should try her other book The Host. It is really twisted and weird but very good at the same time!
    I just finished this last night! For some reason, I had thought I wouldn't like it, but I got the sample chapters (free) on my Kindle and was hooked right away and bought the (electronic) book.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3685743;

Harry Potter
    Eragon
    Dune

HELP!... and Thanks ; )

Katie MacAlister has several series going in her supernatural world. One about vampires of course. Two other series about supernatural women. Her website is terrific.

Kelley Armstrong started several books out in her Women of the Otherworld series. Elena who is a werewolf. Paige in Industrail Magic is fabulous, Jaime Vegas who sees 'dead people'.

Carrie Vaugh writes about Kitty Norville, a radio talk show host who is a werewolf.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3686273;
    I just finished this last night! For some reason, I had thought I wouldn't like it, but I got the sample chapters (free) on my Kindle and was hooked right away and bought the (electronic) book.
    I think you are addicted to that Kindle! Stephenie Meyer's mind is an amazing thing. How one can think up worlds like Twilight and The Host is beyond me. Hopefully she has more good stuff in store for her fans in the future.

+ Reply to Thread