+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

Re: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

I envy people who discovered the series just recently. I had available only the first 2 books released when I started the series, and had to wait patiently for the third book. Just before Breaking Dawn was released - reread the first 3 again....... to be able to read the series as one long book is much more satisfying then having to read in installments.

Realitychick I think reading the series the way you did is much more powerful and fulfilling - I am glad that you had the opportunity. I think Stephenie has an emotional appeal that I relate to easily. I am looking forward to the new series she is working on.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Redlady;3398137;
    Kiariclois - I agree. It's the all consuming, natural, force of nature love that Bella and Edward have that draws me to the books. I think Renee actually put it perfectly in Eclipse when she said "The way you move - you orient yourself around him without even thinking about it. When he moves, even a little bit, you adjust your position at the same time. Like magnets...or gravity." While she was obviously talking about Bella here, Edward is the same way. They are just inexplicably drawn to each other. The romance in that is just overwhelming
    OMG. The quote from Renee made me all giggly. lol. I thought it's only us who can see that. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;3401817;
    I also found it annoying to find out later that Bella was in love with Jacob... although it was different then her feelings for Edward it still bothered me. I guess I am a Team Edward fan. I find myself missing the characters already and have started to reread the series.
    heh heh... I'm so right there with you. Not because I'm more attracted to Edward. Just that I hate it when a person loves two person at the same time. I mean love that is beyond platonic...

I don't think I like Jacob in the first three books. I started liking him after Renesmee was born. lol. It's really hard to read from his POV in Breaking Dawn, but it's very enjoyable because he's such a GUY! lol. His thoughts are funny and he's always sarcastic. lol. Though, the whole mental talks drove me crazy at times. I absolutely adore the last part of Jacob's POV. It was beautiful.

I don't think I would enjoy New Moon Movie as much as I do with Twilight movie... well, at least for the part when the Cullens aren't around. and I do hope to see the almost exact scene of Alice and Bella. I love these two. They're like sisters!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3402335;
    I envy people who discovered the series just recently. I had available only the first 2 books released when I started the series, and had to wait patiently for the third book. Just before Breaking Dawn was released - reread the first 3 again....... to be able to read the series as one long book is much more satisfying then having to read in installments.
    Heh heh... I'm so glad that I'm in that group you envy. lol. The agony of waiting was not pleasant.

I have read all 4 books "Twilight-New Moon-Eclipse and ofcourse Breaking Dawn" and now that ı have read them all and the series are finished ı am so sad ı can literally cry !! I'm begining to read twilight again so that ı can hold on till "New Moon" is in the cinemas.. I am dazzled by the Author Stephenie Mayer because of her talent and flexibility on writing!! and ı think its AVESOME that she was in the movie twilight "for real" İnfact she was on her laptop at the place that Bella and her father Charlie ate most of the time. It truly would be amazing to meet her please pm me Stephenie Meyer if you are reading this! =))

Love, Kara D.A.

I just re-read all 4 of the books in the last 4 days!! I never realized how much I missed/forgot/didn't get from when I read them last summer!!!! There was so much more to learn the second time around. I might as well have been totally useless the last 4 days. But at least my husband and kids understand that when I get into something, there is no tearing me away from it.

I could probably read them all a 3rd time and still find more to discover while reading them. I am more so now totally taken by this series than I was last year. I would give anything for SM to write more of them.

2000+ pages in 4 days!!! (could have read them all in 24 hours if I didn't have to sleep at night...........<< sighs >> wouldn't that be nice!!)

I think „Twilight“, „New Moon“, „Eclipse“ and „Breaking Dawn“ are the best books I've ever read.
    Stephenie Meyer is the best books authoress.

I'm reading The Host now and love it too!
    Reality TV Addict.
    Why can't my life be this interesting?

Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I am surprised that this had not happened sooner considering the success Stephanie Meyer has achieved. I read both links and the first one is very telling as they are comparing scenes side by side. What I question is that Breaking Dawn in the 4th book in a series and that the accusor, Jordan Scott's book The Nocturne is a standalone. That is off right there. Still while there is familiarity between the pages, so what. I read a lot of romance and romantic thrillers and used to read a lot of Harlequin and serial romances. All the authors are influenced by real life (Desert Storm, 9/11, the war in Iraq etc...) At times there are multiple authors out with very similiar story lines (we all listen to, or read or watch the news and are effected by it) but the story and characters are different because each author has their own point of view and writing style. Should Stephanie be sued by all the authors since Bram Stoker wrote about Dracula, who also write about vampires, because she writes about vampires and that means she "stole" their ideas??? Look at the paranormals that are being written now about vampires...being a vampire or werewolf is becoming rather blase and authors are looking for new twists and views on the old legends. Even now with the year 2012 coming soon; which is considered the end of the world according to Mayan legend, look at all the books and series that are being written about that premise and no one is suing those authors. This suit will probably be thrown out of court. But in the mean time it will probably consume alot of Stephanie's time and mental energy which I am sure she would rather use to write more books.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Any Stephanie fans out there that can recommend another author? I want a new series to start that is just as imaginative as Twilight and the Host. Thanks!
    Reality TV Addict.
    Why can't my life be this interesting?

Premium Member

Try reading the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. Stephenie actually recommends these. The books are in a trilogy City of Bones, City of Ashes and City of Glass. It is really great reading IMO.

+ Reply to Thread