+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

Re: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

I agree CCL - I loved Alice and would not mind a sequel on Nessie (ugh name).

But, the focus of each books was the romance between "Bella & Edward" - that was it! Never meant to be anything else. Love story with a happy ending.

But, I know Jacob fans would love more on that.....

Me, I am waiting for Host sequel and the ghost stories our friend spegs is cooking up.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3332115;
    I agree CCL - I loved Alice and would not mind a sequel on Nessie (ugh name).

But, the focus of each books was the romance between "Bella & Edward" - that was it! Never meant to be anything else. Love story with a happy ending.

But, I know Jacob fans would love more on that.....

Me, I am waiting for Host sequel and the ghost stories our friend spegs is cooking up.
    I understand that this series was about the romance between Bella and Edward and in that regard, I think everything was wrapped up nicely. There were, however, other aspects of their lives that were brought up but never resolved. The same with other characters. They were introduced and just kind of left hanging. It is possible that more books about the characters in this series are in the works and that is why they were left unresolved.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

She has said that she's thought of doing one on LEah and I can't remember who else.. for the life of me I want to say Jake, but that may be wrong. I would LOVE to see one on Leah, he story has so much to it, but we only saw a tiny bit of it. Heck I wuold like to see a couple on Leah.. I almost like her more than i liked Bella.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3334100;
    She has said that she's thought of doing one on LEah and I can't remember who else.. for the life of me I want to say Jake, but that may be wrong. I would LOVE to see one on Leah, he story has so much to it, but we only saw a tiny bit of it. Heck I wuold like to see a couple on Leah.. I almost like her more than i liked Bella.
    Her projection of other stories I believe was before the "Midnight Sun" fiasco (which I won't go into here because it was already discussed in detail). She was so upset from that she said she was putting that book on hold. Stephenie's partial quote reads:

"So where does this leave Midnight Sun? My first feeling was that there was no way to continue. Writing isn't like math; in math, two plus two always equals four no matter what your mood is like. With writing, the way you feel changes everything. If I tried to write Midnight Sun now, in my current frame of mind, James would probably win and all the Cullens would die, which wouldn't dovetail too well with the original story. In any case, I feel too sad about what has happened to continue working on Midnight Sun, and so it is on hold indefinitely."

Although it is greatly hoped by many fans that she will finish midnight Sun eventually, and have it printed for us and not just for herself.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3334100;
    I would love it if she elaborated more on Leah; it just feels like there is a lot left to be said about her, especially being the only female werewolf. I think it would be interesting if she went back prior to Twilight and began when Leah and Sam were together.
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyElle;3354401;
    I would love it if she elaborated more on Leah; it just feels like there is a lot left to be said about her, especially being the only female werewolf. I think it would be interesting if she went back prior to Twilight and began when Leah and Sam were together.
    I would be thrilled with a book on Leah. I really think there would be so much more to her story. I wouldn't mind seeing a book on Jacob but since I am a bit queasy about his thing with Nessie, I would be happier if it was set well in the future when Nessie was the equivalent of an adult female.

As a mom of 2 you don't understand imprinting? I have 2 boys and I am crazy bonded with them.
    No, as they get older it is certainly not going to turn into a romantic relationship, but still... what's to be queasy about now?
    It seems all perfectly reasonably to me
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3356891;
    As a mom of 2 you don't understand imprinting? I have 2 boys and I am crazy bonded with them.
    No, as they get older it is certainly not going to turn into a romantic relationship, but still... what's to be queasy about now?
    It seems all perfectly reasonably to me
    Oh I am crazy bonded with my two kids but I don't consider that Imprinting. My intrepretation of S. Meyer's version of Imprinting is that the purpose is for a romantic relationship to exist eventually. For a grown man (okay so Jacob is technically a teenager in a man's body) to even THINK about a romantic relationship while Nessie is still a child, although it would not be actually carried out for years, is what makes me queasy. I guess I balk at the idea that a child is almost from birth "meant" to be with a person who is already an adult. That is what makes me queasy. And for the record, I have a problem with the concept of arranged marriages too, especially if the arranged marriage is between a child and a grown man. I know that is not common practice anymore but in some countries, it still exists and at some point in American and European history, it was common practice as well.

I understand what you mean, and I agree on most points.. I guess for me it doesn't seem icky because Jacob explained it pretty well in one of the books (don't remember which) that imprinting isn't something they can help, nor is it romantic at all when they imprint on children. It's just one of the side effects I guess you could say of the wolf side of them.

I also balk at arranged marriages especially between child and adult, but I guess I am quick to buy into, and be put at ease by the supernatural aspect of the story. Jacob isn't really a man, Nessie *hate that name* isn't really a child-child. I don't know how to explain it well. I guess it's easy for me to understand how you could feel so strongly about someone (who is now, or is meant to be your partner) without it being sexual at the time. But that could be my own personal issues, of which I have many!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I agree that imprinting was explained pretty well when Quil? Embry? Darn, which one ... imprinted on Claire. The books describe them as being almost like older brother/little sister right now and that the feelings will grow and mature as Claire does. Same thing will happen for Jake/Ness. And he's not thinking about her in a romantic light at all ... just as someone that he wants to make happy and needs to protect (which would eliminate any romantic feelings, since that would not be in her best interests).
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

+ Reply to Thread