+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

Re: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

Just saw my first commercial for Twilight on TV - I've seen the trailers online, but this was the first time seeing it as an actual ad. It was different than the ones I've seen online...
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

I just finished Book 1 and am on the waiting list at the library for the others. Hopefully it won't be too long before Book 2 is available.

Overall I liked it a lot but had some little issues with it here and there. But I have to remember it was written for a young adult audience. I hope I can get someone to go see the movie with me. If not I'll have to wait for the dvd. And of course I'm sure after reading the book, the movie will be disappointing in some parts where you know they will change the story.

Very rarely have I seen a movie where I've also read the book. I always hear how the books are so much better. I do like seeing characters brought to life on the big screen though. I just hope the casting lives up to the way I've envisioned them in my mind. I've seen the trailers and it's hard to tell at this point.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Newbie

Okay, so I've read all the books, I love them, I've read them all waaaayyyy more than once, lets just keep it at that!
    But I'm sort of upset, because someone put the unfinished copy of Stephanie Meyers book all over the internet!! I can't believe it though, i heard about it, just sorta figured it was a stupid rumor, i hope she finishes them, because i know there are a lot of people out there who are like me and aren't going to read it until she puts it out for everyone to read, in a book. Happy veterans day!

Quote Originally Posted by Dani Sibbitt;3232690;
    Okay, so I've read all the books, I love them, I've read them all waaaayyyy more than once, lets just keep it at that!
    But I'm sort of upset, because someone put the unfinished copy of Stephanie Meyers book all over the internet!! I can't believe it though, i heard about it, just sorta figured it was a stupid rumor, i hope she finishes them, because i know there are a lot of people out there who are like me and aren't going to read it until she puts it out for everyone to read, in a book. Happy veterans day!
    Dani

I assume you are referring to "Midnight Sun", a retelling of Twilight but from Edward's perspective? Partially written in it's rough state and published without her permission end of the summer.

Yes, it is very upsetting, the partial draft had all the makings of another bestseller...... As of June 2008, she was planning to focus on the completion of Midnight Sun, but when the leak emerged - she was hurt and very disappointed.
    On August 28th, on her own site she made the comment:

"I'd rather my fans not read this version of Midnight Sun. It was only an incomplete draft; the writing is messy and flawed and full of mistakes. But how do I comment on this violation without driving more people to look for the illegal posting? It has taken me a while to decide how and if I could respond. But to end the confusion, I've decided to make the draft available here (at the end of this post). This way, my readers don't have to feel they have to make a sacrifice to stay honest. I hope this fragment gives you further insight into Edward's head and adds a new dimension to the Twilight story. That's what inspired me to write it in the first place."

She then made the partial manuscript available for her fans to read, as is, following her comment.

In the meantime, I believe she is working on a sequel to the Host, and has some ghost stories she is kicking around in her thoughts. So, we can still look forward to more of her writing in the near future.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Premium Member

You know I wish she would finish Midnight Sun, and if not maybe do New Moon from Edward's perspective since he isn't in the book much, that I would love to read.

It would be interesting to have all the books from different perspectives; Edward's, Jacob's, Alice's ... or maybe a book of short stories with each character telling a little about his/her life and how they became immortal...
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

While I agree it would be great for us - Stephenie was so upset at the online revel of Midnight Sun, that she said if she had to finish it she would probably have allowed James to kill off the entire Cullen family.

I think she needs to get away from the story until she heals.

I enjoy her writing so much that I am excited about whatever she wants to work on - but I do hope that we will eventually get to enjoy Midnight Sun!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Newbie

yes, that was the one i was referring to, and i read that we can read it, but... i dunno i just don't think i could do that. I really, really hope she finishes it, and yes i do agree it would be nice if she would write it in every ones perspectives but i guess she does need time to heal? i don't know if that's the word i'm looking for though. I'm not much into the ghost stories, i like romance, mystery, and i tried to read some of the host as well, i was insanely confused lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dani Sibbitt;3234689;
    yes, that was the one i was referring to, and i read that we can read it, but... i dunno i just don't think i could do that. I really, really hope she finishes it, and yes i do agree it would be nice if she would write it in every ones perspectives but i guess she does need time to heal? i don't know if that's the word i'm looking for though. I'm not much into the ghost stories, i like romance, mystery, and i tried to read some of the host as well, i was insanely confused lol.
    Get the audio book from the library instead, the way the reader does each character's voice (internal or external) you have no problem understanding what is going on. I loved that Stephenie Meyer wrote from POV (point of view) of an non human, it was a very interesting look at our species. Yes the book may be a bit over long and I do think the author suffers from perphaps over long descriptions ala Laurell K Hamiliton, but it is a good listen/read. It is 20 cds longs and the average audio book can be anywhere from 8-12 cds.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Agreed about Midnight Sun. I don't write - I cook. So, I can only imagine it was like having someone taste my cooking when I'm only 1/2 or 3/4 way done with the process. I don't want people to walk around thinking THAT'S what my cooking tastes like. I can see why she was hurt.
    But, completely selfishly, I hope she heals and finishes it. There's a lot of questions for me that I think that book would answer.

I wonder if she's tired of living in the Twilight universe though. Poor woman wrote something that she loved, and after all this hype I bet it's taken some of the "Love" off of the whole process. Tough to live with that day in and day out.

I loved The Host. I heard some say they had trouble getting into it, and I never had that issue. I loved the banter between Mel and Wanderer. But...I think that's for a different thread...

+ Reply to Thread