+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Re: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

Article about Stephenie in People

http://www.people.com/people/article...229881,00.html

'Twilight' Author Directs Her First Music Video
    By Jessica Herndon

Stephenie Meyer is taking another bite out of Hollywood.

The author, who has already hit the jackpot with her series of vampire novels and the soon to be released film version, Twilight, has also directed her first music video for alt-rock band Jack's Mannequin.

Shot in Malibu, the video for the single "The Resolution," off the band's sophomore record The Glass Passenger, which released Tuesday, has a "whimsical, other worldliness look to it," says Mannequin singer-keyboardist Andrew McMahon. He adds that they called upon Meyer to craft the concept of the video after hearing she was a fan of their tunes.

So just what did the creative Meyer come up with? "Me and my piano are hauling out of town trying to get away from the tide, but it just keeps coming to get me," says McMahon. "She has a great eye for fantasy."

When Twilight star Robert Pattinson heard about Meyer's new gig he couldn't help but gush. "She's got obsessive taste in music so she'll do really well," he said.

And if McMahon's reaction is a good indication, she did better than "well." He described her directing skills as "awesome!" adding, "She's totally cool! Just a very normal kind of chick."

The video is available for viewing on her website, if anyone is interested. It was good!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Premium Member

I can't wait for the movie, is it still scheduled for Nov. 21? Love the book, and can't wait for Midnight Sun to be published (Twilight from Edward's point of view).
    Last edited by paridy; 09-30-2008 at 09:35 PM.

CCL

^ You should read upthread regarding Midnight Sun, paridy. It doesn't look like it will be published anytime soon.
    The movie is still scheduled for release on November 21.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Premium Member

Dang,but I thought I read somewhere that she had changed her mind and decided to do Midnight Sun after all. I hope that is the case, since I read the rough draft on her site 264 pages of it, and all I can say is WOW I want more.

Quote Originally Posted by *Bella_C*;3205246;
    I love the books! I read the first, second and third for 3 or 4 times, and it is amazing, I can't get enough of it
    Hm well, the story on Edwards point of view sounds very interesting!
    Oh and sorry for my bad english... I'm not an american girl.
    Welcome Bella!
    The English is well spoken- I would not have guessed. Thank you for joining and sharing!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3209946;
    Welcome Bella!
    The English is well spoken- I would not have guessed. Thank you for joining and sharing!

Thank you
    Really? Okay, that's fine, I'm happy

This was printed in our local paper today. After a quick Google search I see it was posted on CNN on Sept 23rd. It's about the town of Forks WA and how tourism there has grown since Twilight hit the shelves.
    FORKS, Washington (AP) -- Pounding rain and heavy mist are constant in this timber town where logging's decline left a graveyard of rusting timber mills and unemployment. Businesses shut down. Parts of the local high school were condemned. Families started to drift away.
    Michael Gurling, right, talks to visitors around a bonfire location on a beach in LaPush, Washington, that is significant in the "Twilight" story.

Until an unlikely cast of vampires breathed new life into the town.

"I fell in love with it," says 18-year-old Samantha Cogar, who dragged her grandparents on a 2,500 mile roadtrip to Forks from Louisville, Kentucky, earlier this summer. "I can't wait to go back."

Cogar is one of thousands of visitors who have flocked to Forks in response to "Twilight," the hottest series to hit shelves since "Harry Potter." Set in Forks, on the gritty edge of the Olympic Mountain Range, the books have captured the hearts of readers around the world.

In a town framed by towering Douglas fir, hemlock and spruce and the occasional western red cedar, where rough, blue collar edges are tangible, the unexpected attention seems to be a second chance for the economy. Inspired by a world of make-believe, "Twilight" fans are bringing the town back to life. rest of article

Michael Gurling, right, talks to visitors around a bonfire location on a beach in LaPush, Washington, that is significant in the "Twilight" story.

Vistors on the "Twilight Tour" walk back to their tour van after visiting a house portrayed as the home of teenage vampire Edward Cullen.

Well, I finally got Breaking Dawn, the audio book from the library. It is a hot comodity. I have not read any of the books, I have listened to all of them. The reason I tried Stephanie's books is that I saw a review highly recommending this book targeted for Young Adults. I am rapidly going through all my library's collection of audio books for adults and have started on the Young Adults and Children sections. There are some amazing authors writing in this genre. Anyway, I must admit I found the first 3 books a little boring as not much really happens. The reader/narrator does a wonderful job of bringing the characters to life though and I did like the third book over the first two because of Jacob and how the relationship between Bella and Jacob was forming. Finally, Breaking Dawn. Wow there is action. The plot moves. Bella grows a spine and starts doing something. I sincerely do think Stephanie Meyer does a wonderful job of letting us know what it feels like to be another species. Bella as a vampire and the alien/angel known as Wanda in her book the Host. I do think the only point that the book/plot fails a bit is the ending battle scene were the tensions are so drawn that violence seems iminent that the actually result of the confrontation between the Cullens and the Volturri (sp?) seems to be a bit of a let down.

I am very glad that the reader had to pronouce Nessie's because if I had seen the spelling I probably gone huh??

I have seen some reviews and articles written about this novel and one left me gasping in disbelief. No way, no how do I believe that the author wrote about Bella cruesome delivery of Nessie as a statement against abortion. Where the heck do these critics/reviewers get their ideas?

I have also read that some people feel that the author deliberately setup that situation about how a rough draft of Midnight Sun was leaked to the internet for publicity and to improve sales. Again that seems a big duh. All 4 of the Bella and Edward novels on the top 10 of the USA Today booklist, even the Host is up there too. She has a movie coming out in November, she has directed a music video. Her novels featuring Forks have created a tourist industry for the town. I don't think the author needs any more publicity
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The final movie trailer can now be viewed at the Twilight website. In it, there's a brief clip of the meadow scene. Now I'm starting to get excited about the movie.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread