+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

CCL

Re: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3162028;
    You've made valid points in your comment and if the Book reviewers stuck with that I would be happy, because it is true.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Unfortunately, they are drudging up twisted elements and distorting them such as "imprinting" suggesting pedophilia which is crazy because she clearly explains in prior books the relationship between Quill & Claire and that he doesn't think of her in the romantic sense until Claire fully matures; and it will be the same between Jake and Nessie.
    Anyway, to answer your Q - I interpreted it as Bella having a premonition/dream of what happens in the last chapter. Bella thinking of her loving (extended) family - especially Edward (Nessie). But, I could be wrong. I do think it is Bella's thought, and since we left off in Jacob's head in Eclipse - there wasn't really a bridge which causes confusion.
    Thanks, Mike'sgirl.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I haven't read any reviews apart from the one in EW. I studiously avoided them as I didn't want to be spoiled. At the point I read the EW review I had already gotten past the birth scene so my sister (who had already read the review) said I wouldn't be spoiled. The review seemed to be mostly about the birth scene which the author seemed to feel was unnecessarily gory. I hold the opposite view myself. I haven't looked anywhere else for reviews but I'm not surprised people are crying pedophilia visavis the Jacob-Renesmee relationship, which is stupid, as you indicate; if they'd read the other books they would have seen it is nothing like that.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I mostly liked the book but...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    thought the part from Jacob's perspecive was too long and drawn out about how Bella was suffering. I thought the scene of Jacob imprinting was perfect. It explained how all the other ties were cut and Renesmee became the center of his universe. Even though this is the last book of this series, I would love for her to eventually do another series with Renesmee and Jacob as the central characters with occasional cameo appearances from the rest of the gang. I really enjoyed meeting the other vampires and halflings.
    Count your blessings!

CCL

^
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I read somewhere where Stephenie said that if she were to do future books about the Twilight world they would focus on Renesmee or Leah. I wouldn't mind a book (or two) about a grown-up Renesmee. Not sure why she would specify Leah - I don't know that there is enough to her character to sustain a whole book.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3162926;
    ^
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I read somewhere where Stephenie said that if she were to do future books about the Twilight world they would focus on Renesmee or Leah. I wouldn't mind a book (or two) about a grown-up Renesmee. Not sure why she would specify Leah - I don't know that there is enough to her character to sustain a whole book.

Ooooh, I think a book about the first option you mentioned could be really interesting.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    And I still love Jacob, so I would gladly keep reading about him (and the other werewolves).
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

As I mentioned upthread, I'm late to the party. I just got to "Breaking Dawn" tonight and all I can say is that these books should come with a Surgeon General's warning because they are seriously addictive. I should NOT be up at 3 a.m. reading on a weeknight!

I'm just stopping in here for a sec to show off this avatar I found on a site about ugly models. I don't remember if she ever addressed vampires and facial hair.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter - no offense, but that avatar is creepy!

I don't remember any mention of facial hair, just that the vampires' skin was super smooth.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3163580;
    I'm just stopping in here for a sec to show off this avatar I found on a site about ugly models. I don't remember if she ever addressed vampires and facial hair.
    Seriously? Doesn't exactly look like a Cullen to me - girl, I am going to have to get you back reading Janet Evanovich, maybe you can come up with a Ranger or Morelli avatar.......
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Maybe he's more of a Garrett. I scare myself every time I post, though, so he's not going to last long. Maybe I'll find a Lulu.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fanatic

Without the facial hair he could maybe be one of the voultari. They weren't exactly beautiful, and the red eyes white hair and paper thin skin fit. Even with the facial hair I can imagine that avatar as a voultair! Ewwww

+ Reply to Thread