+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

Thankyou Stephanie Meyer for giving such a completely satisfying end to the series! It exceeded my expectations and gave me a fantastic ride with great twists and turns! You never lost the integrity of the characters but boy did you throw in a few wrenches that I could never have anticipated! LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!!! Bigh ole sigh and exhale! I feel like Thanksgiving day dinner is over, so completely full and now I need a good nap (I stayed up all night to read it)!

Darn - I am stil waiting for my Amazon order to arrive. I know it reached our main branch on Friday afternoon. No one at the post office knows where it is. I am so mad - I could have bought it at Target yesterday. (sigh) I will never buy a new release book from Amazon again! Still excited though!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Newbie

I was disappointed in the ending.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Mainly because it just ended and we had no look at what their future forever was like.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 08-05-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Bravo! Fantastic series, all the way through to the end. The worst thing about the story is that it's over, at least until I re-read it one or five more times. Looking forward to the movie - or movies, hopefully.

If you're lurking, spegsy... thanks for the great ride.
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

Hey, Totoro!

I had an interesting experience picking up my copy of the book--there actually was a midnight release party at the Barnes & Noble near me, so my sister-in-law and I went to that. We walked in, and we were met with the stares of hundreds of teenagers, probably because we were not of the "target demographic." Many were wearing prom dresses and some were in poser-goth outfits. Strange. I found out afterwards that it was supposed to be a "wedding" theme, which makes more sense, but it was still slightly surreal.

There was a countdown to midnight with a lot of shrieking, and then we were treated to a lot of inane chatter while in the line--I find it hard to believe that these people were smart enough to read, much less appreciate a high-quality series (Spegs, you're a real American hero for helping with the literacy rate). I bet it would have BLOWN THEIR MIND if I told them I knew the author, but I was busy averting my eyes and ears by meticulously examining the stickers I had picked up at the sign-in table.

Possibly the weirdest part were the "Twilight Saga" Godiva bars that they had for sale. I picked one up:

Also, a "wedding invitation" that said that Bella and Edward were registered at "Blood, Bath and Beyond." CUE LAUGH TRACK!

In the end, we were the last people to leave, which we found amusing. As we walked out, three girls were sitting on the sidewalk and looking at the end of the book. Bloody cheaters. I wonder if it's just the youth in this city?

Anyway, congratulations on completing a phenomenal series, Spegsy. You're truly awesome, and your success is, though not surprising at all, pretty amazing to reflect upon.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

Well, I finished it at 3 am this morning. It was great, I felt satisfied, yet hesitant to put the jacket back on the book and place it on the shelf next to the previous 3 books. I didn't want it to ACTUALLY end!

Spegs, if you visit the board and your dedicated thread I hope you feel all the fanlove and the support everyone is trying to convey. The series is wonderful, and as alluded to above, probably raised the reading level of our the nation's teens. That could only help!!

I appreciate the many hours of enjoyment with Bella, Edward, Jacob and the rest. Thanks again for your inspiration to aspiring writers like me.
    Could does not mean should

FORT Fanatic

Does anyone see where she could off shoot and do another with other characters as the focus? Trying not to give anything away here but I thought it might be nice! PLEASE give us more!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3157129;
    Does anyone see where she could off shoot and do another with other characters as the focus? Trying not to give anything away here but I thought it might be nice! PLEASE give us more!!!!!!

She does plan to finish Midnight Sun which is the retelling of Twilight from Edward's perspective, but she does not know yet whether she will allow it to be published (her choice, no contract requiring her to publish it). She will have it bound, may share it with friends or may have it published for all of us. I am praying she decides to share it - the first chapter (available for viewing on her website) is very powerful!

She is a great writer!!! Although I have not finished the book yet, I have loved every word written and really do not want it to end - I guess I am reading it more slowly then any other book I have read (except for HP book 7). (sigh) I love you spegs - thank you for sharing your dreams, fantasies and great story telling abilities with us.

Mantenna give her our congrats and Best wishes! I am anxiously awaiting Midnight Sun, the Host sequel and that Ghost story.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna;3156308;
    As we walked out, three girls were sitting on the sidewalk and looking at the end of the book. Bloody cheaters. I wonder if it's just the youth in this city?
    Nah, it's not the youth of your city only--it's old people like myself. I looked at the spoilers for the 4th book on-line before I decided to move on to "New Moon." I'm glad I did because it made me read the 2nd book in 2 nights and move on to the 3rd tonight. I'm still not convinced I like Bella (I really want her to be nicer to Charlie and not just be his cook/maid), but the momentum of the story is so compelling, I want to know how it all resolves. I think tomorrow will be a late, late night.

Holy vampires, Batman... I didn't realize it was already out! I know how I'm spending the day today!!!! Oh, and I read the last chapter of the final Harry Potter book in the car as soon as it came out, so understand that need. I won't do that with this book, though.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread