+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

Re: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

This series has really become a phenomenon! I didn't know that Stephenie Meyer is a FORT member so that must be really cool for all those who got to know her .

I'm not really a fan myself. I liked the first book and read it in record time, but did feel a bit uncomfortable even then with some parts in the book. And the parts that made me uncomfortable were just even more evident, to me, in the second book, so I never finished it. I've read here that the third book is the best though, so I might just try to give the second one one more try and see how I feel this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by swingkat;3147502;
    This series has really become a phenomenon! I didn't know that Stephenie Meyer is a FORT member so that must be really cool for all those who got to know her .

I'm not really a fan myself. I liked the first book and read it in record time, but did feel a bit uncomfortable even then with some parts in the book. And the parts that made me uncomfortable were just even more evident, to me, in the second book, so I never finished it. I've read here that the third book is the best though, so I might just try to give the second one one more try and see how I feel this time around.
    I had some trouble with the first half of the second book - I was glad when things picked up and then loved the last part. (Still it was my least favorite of the three - and yes, Book 3 was my favorite.)
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

CCL

^ I'm the opposite. I really liked Book 2 (though Book 1 is still probably my favourite). I wasn't that fond of Book 3. I'm hoping Book 4 is the perfect resolution to the series (fingers crossed).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I was watching E! last night and they had a promo touting Twilight as the next big franchise after Harry Potter. Also checked out the Twilight the movie website and they have 3 trailers up with an interview with the actress who plays Bella.

I did not realize that the Bella and Edward books were a world wide best seller. Is that really true or just pr hype for the movie. I can just see other spin docters trying to compare Stephanie Meyer to JR Rowling. Both female, both first time authors and both with their first books phenomenal bit hits.

Recommendation: The Host also by Stephanie Meyer I listened to the audiobook and it was very well done.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3149471;
    I can just see other spin docters trying to compare Stephanie Meyer to JR Rowling. Both female, both first time authors and both with their first books phenomenal bit hits.
    Well, Stephenie has the advantage that she can actually write well and typo-free.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3149471;
    I was watching E! last night and they had a promo touting Twilight as the next big franchise after Harry Potter. Also checked out the Twilight the movie website and they have 3 trailers up with an interview with the actress who plays Bella.

I did not realize that the Bella and Edward books were a world wide best seller. Is that really true or just pr hype for the movie. I can just see other spin docters trying to compare Stephanie Meyer to JR Rowling. Both female, both first time authors and both with their first books phenomenal bit hits.

Recommendation: The Host also by Stephanie Meyer I listened to the audiobook and it was very well done.
    Really true! Her website and youtube have interviews from her Europe tour - interesting to listen too with translator interpreting for her. Germany especially had a huge response!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

One of Stephanie's books also displaced one of the Harry Potter books On the New York Times Best Seller List. Very interesting.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

My copy of Breaking Dawn (last in the series) is due to arrive tomorrow/today - I am so excited!!!!
    Christopher Reeve

CCL

I picked it up today but haven't started it yet. Why am I wasting my time here instead of diving in?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

Just over halfway through Breaking Dawn, was there Saturday morning at 8:54 am, just as they were opening the doors. A bunch of teenagers and I were reading while on line to pay.

Supposedly, though, there was supposed to be a midnight party at my local Barnes and Noble (practically around the corner) but when I went Thursday afternoon to reserve my copy, the woman didn't know anything about the midnight thing. She was also very rude to me, so maybe she didn't want me to come... ... She snipped at the guy who was helping me that he shouldn't have offered me a bag for my magazine, WTH? Wait till I leave to say that!

Anywhozit, I woke up and snuck out without waking the kiddo, telling my honey to just pretend i'm still asleep. It was his birthday Saturday, and I wanted to wake up, make him breakfast, open gifts, etc. not leave him playing with his puter (even thought that makes him happier than anything) while I go gallivanting off... But, I was back in less than a half hour total. And I stopped at the grocery store and the bagel store for breakfast to bring home and couldn't believe how much you can get accomplished by being an early riser.

I think I made up for my defection, I put a birthday candle in his breakfast sandwhich and sang softly so as not to wake the little one and we had a nice quiet breakfast and I gave him the very wordy cards (would you expect any less from Ms. Wordy Post?).... After I put the dishes in the sink, I practically ran to the bedroom and read for about two hours!!!!!!

I tried to explain that it's like a new release of Halo or Call of Duty, so he might get the gist.

Anyway, the book is wonderful, I finally shut it last night when I hit Part 3: Bella.... if it wasn't for all the birthday partying Saturday I might be finished!

Way to go, spegs!!!!!!!
    Last edited by VeronicaBelle27; 08-04-2008 at 11:45 AM.
    Could does not mean should

+ Reply to Thread