+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

CCL

Re: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

I like the cover (it's my current avatar; bigger picture is on Amazon). Not that familiar with chess - is the front piece a queen (it has a little crown on it)? I wonder what it has do with the book's content....hmmm. I still like the cover of the first two books the best, however.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Premium Member

Interesting, I love all the covers. I haven't had time to read in awhile, but I'm almost finished with New Moon and ready to start Eclipse.

Quote Originally Posted by theatregirl25;3030323;
    there is a special short preview of the Breaking Dawn first chapter on Entertainment Weekly's website.
    I want more! She always gets me going, and I didn't want to stop.

Stephenie's site has a link to the EW sneak preview.

StephenieMeyer.com -- The Official Website of Stephenie Meyer

Did anyone catch Stephenie Meyer introducing the special clip of the Twilight movie that they played during the MTV movie awards? She was great! The clip was pretty cool too. If you go to 2008 MTV Movie Awards | MTV.com
    you can see it. The scene didn't quite happen the way I had imagined it or followed the book exactly, but I still thought it was pretty interesting and good in its own way.

I'm addicted!! haha I'm almost done with Twilight, and I love it.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Just a little sidebar. I got the audiobook for Stephanie's new book "The Host" from the library. It is about 20 cds longs, which is about 23 hours. I loved it. I can see where some people may find it a very long read but it was a very good listen. While I am glad the author has been so successful with her first book and its sequels, she is also in the very vulnerable position where she may get trapped into writting a certain genre and certain types of characters because that is what her fanbase expect and like. Stephanie was very fortunate she was able to publish a slightly different twist of a story this early in her career.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

Twilight is on the cover of the new Entertainment Weekly (came out today). I'm so excited to read this issue!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3124106;
    Twilight is on the cover of the new Entertainment Weekly (came out today). I'm so excited to read this issue!
    They did a great feature article on spegs and her Twilight series all areas were covered; new book, movie, and she has a lot in the works.

I am so happy for her, love all her books. Great job Stephenie, we are really happy for you!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by RubyPhoenix;3032976;
    Did anyone catch Stephenie Meyer introducing the special clip of the Twilight movie that they played during the MTV movie awards? She was great! The clip was pretty cool too. If you go to 2008 MTV Movie Awards | MTV.com
    you can see it. The scene didn't quite happen the way I had imagined it or followed the book exactly, but I still thought it was pretty interesting and good in its own way.

It didn't happen quite the way I'd imagined it either but I am more excited about the movie after watching it. Honestly, the only thing that really creeps me out is Edward's eyebrows.

There's a new trailer for the movie. You can find the link at Stephenie's site.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Ha!

'Twilight' mania takes over comic-book convention

SAN DIEGO - If you haven't heard of "Twilight," ask a teenager. The best-selling young-adult book isn't bound for the big screen until December, but fan frenzy for the film practically took over Comic-Con on Thursday.

Hundreds of teens camped overnight outside the San Diego Convention Center for a chance to see early footage of the film and get a glimpse at the cast of heartthrobs set to bring the teen-vampire tale to life.

"You don't understand it until you've read it," said 17-year-old Syena Sarrafpour. "The cast of amazing people — they're hot — obviously adds to the excitement."

She and her friends wore homemade T-shirts touting their love for Edward, the vampire hero who falls in love with a human girl.

"It's a really good love story that has fantasy," said Emma Quan, 18. "It's like 'Harry Potter' plus romance plus good-looking people."

Thousands of fans — many in homemade shirts proclaiming their preference for Edward or his love-rival, Jacob — filled the convention's largest exhibition hall, drowning out the cast introductions with enthusiastic, high-pitched screams.

"Oh my God, Robert Pattinson is so hot," said 17-year-old Jenna Barazsu. "I love him. He's perfect for Edward."

Pattinson, 22, said he was overwhelmed by the attention the role has brought him.

"It's kind of terrifying in a lot of ways," he said in an interview. "I still can't really come to terms with it... As soon as one person started to recognize me, literally now I'm just freaking out the whole time."

The British actor previously appeared as the doomed Cedric Diggory in "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" and "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."

But it wasn't just the boys who generated buzz. Fans were just as excited to see Kristen Stewart, who plays the story's heroine, Bella Swan.

"Everyone wants to be Bella," said Sarrafpour. "And (author) Stephenie Meyer wrote Edward as like the perfect guy."

Meyer, who followed up "Twilight" with three other best-sellers, said her main character, a "typical teen," is key to the series' appeal.

"There are so many girls out there who do not know kung fu, and if a guy jumps in the alley they're not going to turn around with a roundhouse kick," Meyer said. "There's a lot of people who are just quieter and aren't having the Prada lifestyle and going to a special school in New York where everyone's rich and fabulous. There's normal people out there and I think that's one of the reasons Bella has become so popular."

"Twilight," a Summit Entertainment release, is slated for release Dec. 12.
    'Twilight' fans camp out for a peek (and a scream) - Yahoo! News

+ Reply to Thread