+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

Re: Bella and Edward series by Stephenie Meyer

Haha! I imagined Jacob quite like him, just slightly bigger... but i'm sure as mikesgirl said, he'll probably grow into it...
    Not amazinly happy with robert pattison, but looking at pics of filming, he doesn't look bad at all. and am so happy with bella... i also completely agree about carlisle being a bit "fake" and the blonde hair doesn't help...

Taylor is a cutie. He looks so young in all the photos I've seen of him, but in the video clip on th MTV site, you can see that he has grown up a little and I think he'll make a great Jacob. I also read that he has been a martial artist since the age of 7. If they turn the other books into movies, I can see his athletic skill really paying off and by that time he'll also be a little older. Good casting.

Of course, none of the actors look as perfect as how we imagine them when we are reading the books, but I think they've done a great job overall.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;2909366;
    Of course, none of the actors look as perfect as how we imagine them when we are reading the books, but I think they've done a great job overall.
    And it's one thing to see them as themselves and in character. When I read High Fidelity I could not imagine John Cusack as Rob but when I saw the film, he was perfect in the part. And, as Marleybone said, if Stephenie is happy with the choices it should be what counts. It's hard to judge just based on one still photo, it's so much more than that so once in character and in motion it's a whole other thing and I'm hoping they've done a great job in casting.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2907458;
    He does seem a little young but I can see him as Jacob. When I first read this though, I couldn't get images of Shark Boy out of my head.
    Me too!

Happened to see this at Stephenie's site and thought it was interesting enough to post:
    "To conclude, I would like to make a few comments about Rob and Kristen, who are the true heart of this movie. First, they are both amazing actors. Second, they are channeling Edward and Bella like nobody's business. Third, you might want to bring a paper bag to the movie, because their on-screen chemistry may cause hyperventilation. That is all.

--Stephenie"

StephenieMeyer.com | Twilight Series | Twilight | Twilight the Movie

I am ecstatic that Twilight is being made into a movie. These are some of the most amazing books! I've completely obsessed. I finished Twilight last month and New Moon today.

As for the movie, I think the casting was mostly spot-on. Especially Edward, I think Robert Pattinson is perfect, as with Kristen Stewart as Bella! The only character I'm second guessing is Nikki Reed, who's playing Rosalie. She doesn't look young or... statuesque enough to play her. But I have to say that I'm completely sold on the rest.

As an FYI for anyone out there that doesn't already have this series.... I just got an email from Borders where they advise that there is a special edition of Eclipse being released this Saturday, May 31 and it will come with a full-color print, exclusive Tshirt transfers, and the first chapter of Breaking Dawn. Also, New Moon will be released in paperback tomorrow as well.

And... last but not least... the official cover for Breaking Dawn will be released. The cool thing is that apparently we will just have to refresh the email to see the cover. The non-techie part of me doesn't understand how that will work within the same email... but... whatever. Very cool.
    Last edited by Broadway; 05-29-2008 at 07:28 AM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3028234;
    As an FYI for anyone out there that doesn't already have this series.... I just got an email from Borders where they advise that there is a special edition of Eclipse being released this Saturday, May 31 and it will come with a full-color print, exclusive Tshirt transfers, and the first chapter of Breaking Dawn. Also, New Moon will be released in paperback tomorrow as well.

And... last but not least... the official cover for Breaking Dawn will be released. The cool thing is that apparently we will just have to refresh the email to see the cover. The non-techie part of me doesn't understand how that will work within the same email... but... whatever. Very cool.
    I'm trying really hard to fight the temptation of buying the special edition of Eclipse because I'm super broke and it's hard to justify buying a whole new copy of a book that I already have... BUT.... I'm just dying to read the first chapter of Breaking Dawn and so I might have to be bad and indulge myself. *Sigh* I'm always a sucker for books! I cannot wait!

there is a special short preview of the Breaking Dawn first chapter on Entertainment Weekly's website.

I just saw the cover of Breaking Dawn!!! IT'S ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! Now I'm anticipating what the meaning of cover has to do with the book! *sigh* I'm so excited, cannot wait for August 2nd!

+ Reply to Thread