+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Your latest book purchases

Re: Your latest book purchases

I picked up Twilight recently (and it's realllllllly good ^_^)

I finally got a copy of New Moon! However they were all sold out of Eclipse. Luckily I have some other books to keep me going, hopefully they'll get it soon or I can order it off the Internet, so far I've only seen the books in one bookstore around here. Or maybe I should wait for the special edition, only I don't know when it will come here.

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2842025;
    I finally got a copy of New Moon! However they were all sold out of Eclipse. Luckily I have some other books to keep me going, hopefully they'll get it soon or I can order it off the Internet, so far I've only seen the books in one bookstore around here. Or maybe I should wait for the special edition, only I don't know when it will come here.
    femmefatale, you live in Lund, right? Not too far from Malmö, in case I'm not horribly mistaken. On your next trip to Malmö I thoroughly recommend a visit to Science Fiction Bokhandeln. They have stores in Stockholm, Malmö, and, I think, Gothenburg and sell just about anything horror, sci-fi, and fantasy. I'm practically part of the inventory in their Stockholm-based store. I'd be very surprised if you couldn't find the entire Bella & Edward series there.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Would you believe I pass that store every day on my way to work? It has never once occurred to me to actually go in, I'm usually not that into sci-fi/fantasy. But now I might have to check it out, if only to get Eclipse.

Thanks for the tip, geek!

Quote Originally Posted by hil34;2817755;
    I picked up Twilight recently (and it's realllllllly good ^_^)
    Yes indeed Twilight is a good book.

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2842025;
    I bought all 3 in the series at Target, I have also seen Eclipse at Wal-Mart; but if you are not in a rush to read Eclipse, you might enjoy that special edition with the first chapter of Breaking Dawn.

I bought Mary Higgins Clark I Heard That Song Before. Whats Twilight about is it good?

CCL

^ Twilight is about a human girl who falls in love with a vampire. It is addictively good and swoon-worthy romantic.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2855372;
    ^ Twilight is about a human girl who falls in love with a vampire. It is addictively good and swoon-worthy romantic.
    Thanks. What's New Moon and Eclipse about? I know I'm nosy, but I want to know if a book is good before I go out and buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo II;2857514;
    Thanks. What's New Moon and Eclipse about? I know I'm nosy, but I want to know if a book is good before I go out and buy it.
    The series begins with Twilight, the second book (New Moon) which is a continuation of the first broadens the story. Our human girl learns more about herself and who she can't live without. The 3rd book is further continuation of the story line with greater growth and character development. There is more resolution within the hero/heroine and it hints toward conclusion but the final book in the series Breaking Dawn is not due for release until after midnight May 31st (I think). We are all anxious for that one.

The author of the Twilight series also has a book that she is almost done with that is a retelling of book one only through Edward's (our hero) perspective.

The author, Stephenie Meyer is a member of the FORT - which takes our affection up for her another notch. The books are greatly enjoyed and the first one is being made into a movie already.

+ Reply to Thread