+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Your latest book purchases

Re: Your latest book purchases

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3380964;
    Oh, dear. Good luck with it, Mike'sgirl. What kind of puppy is it?
    Soft-coated wheaten terrier, and I love the book My Smart Puppy by Brian Kilcommons & Sarah Wilson (highly recommend) - it includes a DVD on basic puppy training. They are very positive in their approach and reassuring (which I so needed). Calm puppy is dozing at my feet right now (today was a good day for us). Thank goodness!
    Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Fireside, book 5 in the Lakeshore Chronicles by Susan Wiggs
    Dewey by Vicki Myron

Latest one? Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer... Basically all her books which cost a LOT. lol

FORT Newbie

Latest book: A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers

The Ghost and Mrs McClure by by Cleo Coyle. Hmmmmm. I hope the remaining books in the series are less boring then this first book, because I ordered the entire series from Amazon instead of just giving the first book a test drive. I guess I was captivated by the title, which triggered the fond memories of staying up late and watching the movie "The Ghost and Mrs Muir" with my mom when I was young. Hope I get more into the series after I have this first one under my belt.
    Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3385613;
    The Ghost and Mrs McClure by by Cleo Coyle. Hmmmmm. I hope the remaining books in the series are less boring then this first book, because I ordered the entire series from Amazon instead of just giving the first book a test drive. I guess I was captivated by the title, which triggered the fond memories of staying up late and watching the movie "The Ghost and Mrs Muir" with my mom when I was young. Hope I get more into the series after I have this first one under my belt.
    I thought of that as soon as I heard the title, let me know Mike'sgirl if its worth reading.

Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs - book four of the Mercy Thompson series - really great twist on the paranomal werewolf theme.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3388252;
    Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs - book four of the Mercy Thompson series - really great twist on the paranomal werewolf theme.
    Oh, this sounds interesting. Thanks. I'm realizing I like this genre. I just purchased the first 4 of the GhostWalker series by Christine Feehan; accidentally read book 4 first, Conspiracy Game, it was fantastic.

It's X-Men like, military, lots of action and love. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3391023;
    Oh, this sounds interesting. Thanks. I'm realizing I like this genre. I just purchased the first 4 of the GhostWalker series by Christine Feehan; accidentally read book 4 first, Conspiracy Game, it was fantastic.

It's X-Men like, military, lots of action and love. Good stuff.
    Check out her website. She had 3 series currently going, The Ghostwalkers, the Jaguar series and of course The Carpathians.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3396678;
    Check out her website. She had 3 series currently going, The Ghostwalkers, the Jaguar series and of course The Carpathians.
    Thanks, I checked out her site, very comprehensive.

+ Reply to Thread