+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Your latest book purchases

Re: Your latest book purchases

Julie Garwood, "Fire and Ice", Jayne Ann Krentz, "Running Hot" (which was so-so) and Hailey Lind, "Feint of Art", "Shooting Gallery" and "Brush with Death" (which I am eager to get started on!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I just bought the first two books in the "Dark Ones" series by Katie MacAlister. Also, I have P.C. Cast's House of Night next book "Hunted" coming in a couple weeks. I pre-ordered it. In addition to those 3 books, I just ordered textbooks. "Introduction to Literature" and "Multicultural Education," sounds like fun huh?

FORT Newbie

What is the 'Dark Ones' series about? I've heard the author's name before but I cant place her work.

I just got 'The Road' by Cormac McCarthy in the mail and am going to start it this week.
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyElle;3357135;
    What is the 'Dark Ones' series about? I've heard the author's name before but I cant place her work.

I just got 'The Road' by Cormac McCarthy in the mail and am going to start it this week.
    They are Vampire books as well. I haven't finished the first one. It is called "the Girl's Guide to Vampires." It's okay but not my favorite by any means. From what I have read about the series, they are only loosely related, not the continuing story arc like the Southern Vampire series or Twilight series.

I recently picked up Låt den rätte komma in (Let the Right One In). I've heard good things about it, here and IRL so I thought I'd read it for myself. Besides, I need to read something Swedish once in a while and not just English/American books .

My oldest daughter is now obsessed with Cornelia Funke books, mainly the Inkheart series. I've bought the first two for her and she's singing their praises, so I've promised to read at least the first one.

For myself, I picked up Revolutionary Road. I haven't seen the movie but I thought the story sounded intriguing. If anyone's read it I'd love a review.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyElle;3357135;

Katie MacAllister's comic tribute to Christine Feehan's Carpathian series. In Katie's case they are Moravians. You should read her Aisling Grey series it is hysterical.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I cleaned out the shelves of my fave used bookstore in their suspense/mystery department including a number of Richard North Patterson books I somehow had overlooked before.

I also found several Philippa Gregory books and have read one of those and am halfway through the other.

The Puppy Whisperer, by Paul Owens & Terence Cranendonk; and My Smart Puppy by Brian Kilcommons & Sarah Wilson.......... looks like my enjoyment reading days are over.... at least until we are threw potty training.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

CCL

Oh, dear. Good luck with it, Mike'sgirl. What kind of puppy is it?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread