+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Your latest book purchases

Re: Your latest book purchases

Thanks guys, I'm sure that Fantastic Beasts book is the one I'm thinking of. I'll look for it next time I'm in Chapters.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

CCL

AJane - They should have it under JK Rowling though the "supposed author" is Newt Scamander.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Premium Member

I just purchased Wolfsbane and Mistletoe and Unusual Suspects each has a Sookie Stackhouse in there along with other cool stories.

I've been a very naughty girl this year and Santa is rewarding me! I always add a little something to my Amazon cart for myself so my husband can give me just the books I want....LOL! So far:

So Long, See You Tomorrow by William Maxwell
    The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb
    The Given Day by Dennis Lehane
    When Broken Glass Floats by Chanrithy Him
    What I Loved by Siri Hustvedt

I love having something good to read over the holidays!!

LOTS of amazing reads on that Amazon cart, vondl0. The Hour I First Believed, The Given Day, and What I Loved are three of the best novels I've read all year. I'll have to look up the other two now.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I tend to take books out of the library more often than not because I just don't have the space to accommodate them all. I do, however, have a list of all the novels of certain mystery novelists, which I am ticking off one by one (or ten by ten, depending upon availability). I just cleared my Harlen Coben and Kathy Reich lists (at least until they write more), made a bit of headway on my Val McDermid, Minette Walters, Peter Robinson and Ruth Rendall lists, and am still astounded by how difficult it is to locate Reginald Hill books without doing the on-line search thing. Also, note to self to add Anne Cleeves to the list.

The reason I'm going big time on the mysteries is because as I age *weep*, my short-term memory is becoming progressively worse, so when I read each of these books a few years later I have absolutely no idea whodunit, and am frequently positive that I have never actually read this particular book before.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I just bought the entire chic-lit Psychic Eye series by Victoria Laurie. If you enjoy the TV series the Medium, then you will probably enjoy these books. They center around a Psychic that ends up helping police and FBI to solve cases. I bought the first book, Abby Cooper Psychic Eye - loved it and immediately just bought the remaining 5 books in the series. I am just starting the 3rd in the series and have enjoyed them all so far!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Mike's Girl, both my DIL and I enjoy that series. We're waiting for another book to be published....
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3250579;
    Mike's Girl, both my DIL and I enjoy that series. We're waiting for another book to be published....
    I also recently bought the Gemma Halliday High Heels serie, and was disappointed slightly. The first book in the series IMO the best, (Spying in High Heels) and even that one was not all that great to begin with (I'd give it a 3 out of 5 stars). The series felt to much like a Stephenie Plum, Janet Evanovich copycat. There is humor and some of the characters are very likable, but the lead Maddie Springer didn't do it for me.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I got a $200 gift card for Indigo from my boss for Christmas, so after pondering my choices I went on-line and purchased 21 (count 'em, 21) books from my to-buy list. So far, five of the Reginald Hills have shown up on my doorstep, so sixteen more to go. With the 30 books I have on my to-read shelf, the four my boss lent me before the holidays, and the stack of Joss Whedon graphic novels waiting by the couch, I am pretty much set for the rest of the winter. Woo hoo!
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread