+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Harry Potter All Spoilers, All the Time Thread

Re: The Harry Potter All Spoilers, All the Time Thread

What surprised me the most is that Dumbledore was much more conflicted than he appeared to be in the previous books. Loved the Snape and Lily storyline, and feel vindicated that Snape was on the right side, but I really expected either Ron or Hermione to die.

The epilogue, far too short and other than Albus Severus, not really surprising. I wanted to know a little more other than they married and had children and that Neville became Herbology Prof.

Kreacher was a nice twist too, didn't see that coming, except for one hint from J.K.R. to leave Kreacher in the Order of The Phoenix movie.

Sybil used her balls.
    Molly channelling Sigourney in Alien

I loved the book. I'm just a little confused about Hagrid.
    Did the spiders kill him?? I know they dragged him off to the forest but I'm not sure if they took him there to kill him or helped him escape since he took care of them.

I was so upset when Hedwig and Dobby died. I cried through the whole burial.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovigirl1270;2487507;
    I loved the book. I'm just a little confused about Hagrid.
    Did the spiders kill him?? I know they dragged him off to the forest but I'm not sure if they took him there to kill him or helped him escape since he took care of them.

I was so upset when Hedwig and Dobby died. I cried through the whole burial.
    I'd like to know how Hagrid survived as well. That was the one part that confused me.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2487331;
    I am so glad to see this thread!

I have been a Snape fan since day one and I am SOO glad that JK showed he was working for the Order all along. I think he had to die, otherwise Harry wouldn't know how to defeat Voldemort. It breaks my heart that it happened so painfully, but if he died by a curse Harry would never get to see Snape's memories and Dumbledore's final instructions.

I had to put the book down when Dobby died. I cried out loud when he died and again when Harry carved on his grave that he died a "free elf"

I could not believe she killed Hedwig and Moody so quickly. I felt like there was no opportunity to mourn either of them. As someone who has lost pets I felt Harry never got a chance to grieve.

I was so tee'd off to see Umbridge using Moody's eye. Why didn't Jo punish her?!

Fred's dead came so quickly I couldn't believe it. And then just a line about Lupin, Tonks and Colin Creevy. I think Dobby's death had the most impact on the reader because it was the only person we truly saw mourned.

I LOVED when Hermione jumped Ron and snogged him. He finally said the right thing at the right time!

The final battle left so many unanswered questions about who lived and died. Just that 50 others unmentioned died. They could have been anyone...Seamus, Dean, the Patil twins, Cho, etc.

I liked, but didn't love the end. Loved when Harry told Albus he was named after the two greatest headmasters in Hogwarts history, but didn't like how little info was actually shared.

In the end, the Malfoys survived because they realized that love was greater than the search for power. (Although I would love to know if any of the surviving deatheaters were punished)

All I can truly hope is that whoever makes this film includes as much as possible. I could even live with a two-parter if they needed to leave things in. I especially want Snapes memories to be included.

I am so thankful that I was able to experience the books. I am only sorry that there will only be the two movies and then no more new visits to HP.

I cried for Doby as well.. but I think I cried more after this death and seeing how it took its toll on Harry. That was the only death that Harry took and active part in the mourning. He was the one that wanted to dig the grave he did the marker.. etc.. He let the Weasleys to mourn alone. He didn't go to them he left them. That to me is why Doby's death hit me so hard, thats the one we as readers got to feel thru Harry's eyes.

Love the full circle tht the Malfoys came.. most of all Cissy and Draco. Well done and understated JK.

I too love Snape (on screen and in the book, Alen has really made him real for me) so it was nice to see him for who he really was, and that he DID love someone.. and JK always said Harry's eyes were a big part of the story.. I think now we all see how and why. I admit, I cried there as well. RIP Sev

Well said, who ever said it, about Harry becoming what he always wanted.. to be normal! The was a perfect ending for his life in the books.

And on my own topic lol..

I LOVE how she let Longbottom come in to his own as well!!!!! How proud his Gran was, yes I cry here too hehe, he proved his worth and talent and he too came full circle. Great ending for him!

Lastly Molly rocked!!!! I laughed out loud when she went after Bella! Not since (as i said in the other thread) Minerva/Peeves have i out right busted out in a laughing fit! Nice JK, Nice.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2487510;
    I'd like to know how Hagrid survived as well. That was the one part that confused me.

I'm of the opinion that Hagrid was the one that got the reprieve so I think that whole scene could have went either way. I'd have to go back and check the book, but I think the spiders only accepted Hagrid because Aragog did. So, before Jo gave Hagrid the reprieve, I think they could have possibly killed him. But, since he got the reprieve (in my opinion), I think they were helping him and actually carrying him to safety.

I think one of the "stand up and cheer moments" was when the house-elves were hacking and stabbing away at the death eaters' shins and ankles with cleavers and knives, with Kreacher leading the charge.

Did anyone else find it odd that the dead basilisk was still down in the Chamber of Secrets? Are they just going to let it rot down there?

(On a side note - Happy 18th Birthday, Dan!)
    Last edited by Carla; 07-23-2007 at 11:06 PM. Reason: add to post/correct spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Carla;2487556;
    I'm of the opinion that Hagrid was the one that got the reprieve so I think that whole scene could have went either way. I'd have to go back and check the book, but I think the spiders only accepted Hagrid because Aragog did. So, before Jo gave Hagrid the reprieve, I think they could have possibly killed him. But, since he got the reprieve (in my opinion), I think they were helping him and actually carrying him to safety.

I think one of the "stand up and cheer moments" was when the house-elves were hacking and stabbing away at the death eaters' shins and ankles with cleavers and knives, with Kreacher leading the charge.

Did anyone else find it odd that the dead basilisk was still down in the Chamber of Secrets? Are they just going to let it rot down there?

(On a side note - Happy 18th Birthday, Dan!)
    You have me laughing all over again just remembering those house elves! I agree about Hagrid possibly being the one who got the reprieve - although when George lost his ear, I first thought it was him.

I was just talking to my friend on the phone...she doesn't read the books, but loves the movies. She begged me to tell her everything. She actually got choked up when I told her about Dobby. I wonder if JK really had any idea how much that little elf was loved?

FORT Fanatic

i, too, think JKR gave hagrid the reprieve. but i think she realized that it should be hagrid bringing "dead harry" back to hogwarts. hagrid was the one who brought baby harry to privet drive, took him away from the dursley's to go to hogwarts (or help him start out by shopping, etc). i guess i took it as a symbolism that it had to be in hagrid's big hands to care for harry.

love the book. yes, could've been better and longer...but JKR was under a lot of pressure in finishing it and if she finally feels satisfied so will i. there are room for her to make new series or later on add an extended epilogue but i'll live with it. but yes, ending happened so fast...bam...oh well. it was a good read for about 14 hours (with some cooking/eating, restroom, getting the mail, phone calls, stretching).

now i cant wait for the final 2 movies.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

I finished the book yesterday and I can't believe how much I cried during it. It was a very good book and I was so happy to see that Snape was a good guy after all. I always kind of liked him and was so disappointed at the end of book 6 and now I know it was all for a reason.

I also would have liked more in the epilogue. I still can't believe this is the end, no more Harry Potter books.

I still have a question about the sorting hat. On page 732 V. forces the hat onto Neville's head and makes it burst into flames. On page 733 when he pulls the sword out of it it falls to the ground still on fire. Yet in the epilogue, it is referred to several times as Al is afraid he'll be sorted into Slytherin. I know this is a minor detail out of all the stuff going on, but if someone can explain, I'd be grateful.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread