+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Harry Potter All Spoilers, All the Time Thread

Re: The Harry Potter All Spoilers, All the Time Thread

Ticker, if you follow Mikesgirl link, there is an interview with Rowlings where she confesses that she initially wrote much more to the epilogue, but had to cut back a lot. I'm happy she did that. Sure I would have loved to know what Harry is doing now, but that is not the point of the book. I always thought it was unnecessary to add to much to close a book or movie. Let the reader interpret it. Also, no matter what she added, we'd always want to know more. I think Rowlings decision were made carefully and were very smart.

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose;2508021;
    Perhaps I just don't want to let go.
    I admitted as much here. It is hard for me to let go of it. I know, I know....but I don't think I am the only person who felt this way.

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose;2508056;
    I admitted as much here. It is hard for me to let go of it. I know, I know....but I don't think I am the only person who felt this way.
    From reading this thread, it's obvious you are not. Actually, I think I am in the minority regarding being satisfied with the way things ended.

I love how it ended.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I just finished the book this morning. I'm in the group who feels sad that it's over. I decided to re-read books 5 and 6 before DH arrived, and I'm really glad I did as it was good to refresh my memory before devouring book 7. I wanted to read it slowly, because a big part of me didn't want it to end, but by about halfway through I was devouring it. I loved the last scenes in the book, they were just masterful!

I have to confess I didn't tear up when Dobby died, but I did start to cry when Harry opened the snitch and then twisted the stone to see and talk to the people he loved that had died. It was heartwrenching picturing him needing his parents, Lupin and Sirius to stay close and make that final walk with him. He was so brave and so clever in the end, and so very determined. I also loved that he was able to speak with Dumbledore again. I truly wanted to find out Dumbledore was not dead after all, but I guess this was the next best thing.

My other favorite part in the end was the way Neville killed the snake. Wow, never expected that! I also loved how Harry was calling Voldemort Tom at the end, just as Dumbledore used to do.

Now, I can't believe it but I think I will read it again. Not quite ready to let go yet.

I CANT BELIVE IT ENDED!!! i just finished this morning, but i think the ending was really rushed how all the order was defeating the death eaters it was very rushed and the last chapter it doesnt even explain about the other characters or hogwarts i know that jk rowling explained but at least right it in the book. but other then that im really going to miss harry hermione and ron. ill miss luna the most!

In less then a week after I finished 7, I decided I would start again - from Book 1. It's interesting how from the very start she was consistent with details, and dropped clues along the way that were resolved at the end.

I will miss the excitement of looking forward to the next Harry book, but the fact that I can pick one up anytime, reread it and be immediately transported back is wonderful!

I went to see the Order of the Phoenix this week and while I was watching it, book 7 was in the back of my mind. I was seeing all of the characters in the movie through the book and vice versa. I just can't get over how emotionally invested I became in these stories.

My one true hope is that by the time movie #7 comes around we are not short-changed on Snape's memories. He has always been my favorite character and The Prince's Tale was absolutely my favorite chapter. I always knew Snape would die, but at least with his death he was able to prove he was Dumbledore's man.

Read it.

Overall, loved it, as usual!

Like a lot of others, I do wish JK would've padded the Epilogue a bit more, but I can also understand why she had to cut out a ton of stuff.

Absolutely LOVED Molly killing off Bad-to-the-Bone Bellatrix! That was one of my all-time favorite scenes in any of the books!

Dobby dying and the scene with Harry digging his grave tore me up.

Harry meeting up with his parents, Sirius and Lupin had me grabbing tissues, too. I can see why JK howled after she wrote that.

I cheered Neville on when he killed Nagini. And I really loved it when Narcissa covered for Harry. I felt for her that she was so worried about Draco --- nothing like a mother's love, I guess, even when Mama is definitely no saint!

I will have to admit, though, that when Hedwig bit it --- RIGHT AT THE START OF THE BOOK! -- I got so pissed I put it down and went and did something else for awhile!

Had to laugh at myself later on, when I realized how much I've come to adore this series, that I would actually get so riled!

But then again, I guess I should've realized that when I found myself standing in WalMart --- Deathly Hallows in hand --- at 12:05 am on the official release date!

Amazing how she tied everything up! As I read, I found myself mentally flashing back to the earlier books as she dropped the final puzzle pieces into the story in Deathly Hallows.

Magnificent series!

Excuse me now, please, as I've got to go start reading the whole thing over again from Book 1!

Last edited by ness; 08-11-2007 at 06:37 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I think I'm going to wait a bit and then start from book 1 again as well. I just finished re-reading 5 and 6 before burning through DH in two days. I was originally going to re-read DH again, but now I think I'll start from the beginning and go through the whole series instead. Problem is I need to wait a bit, since I don't really fancy reading OoTP and HBP again so soon, and I know I will go through the earlier books quickly since they are much shorter than the later ones.

So, as much as I'd like to stay in HP mode it might be better to give it a few months and then enjoy the entire series together.

+ Reply to Thread