+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Harry Potter All Spoilers, All the Time Thread

Re: The Harry Potter All Spoilers, All the Time Thread

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2494733;
    Yeah, but I think they got that part wrong at EW. Harry was the rightful owner of the Elder Wand. He defeated Draco and took his wand back at the Malfoy house when Dobby rescued them. So, I think the Wand recognized Harry as its owner and wouldn't turn on him. At this point, Draco's wand would have had nothing to do with it.
    I agree with that, but I don't think that Harry would have gone up against Voldemort without a wand, regardless of whether the Elder wand wouldn't work against him or whether he actually needed a wand at that point.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2494733;
    Yeah, but I think they got that part wrong at EW. Harry was the rightful owner of the Elder Wand. He defeated Draco and took his wand back at the Malfoy house when Dobby rescued them. So, I think the Wand recognized Harry as its owner and wouldn't turn on him. At this point, Draco's wand would have had nothing to do with it.
    I agree with you, but I think the way that the wand knew that Harry was now the true master was because it was Draco's wand that he used. The Elder wand recognized that Harry had overtaken Draco because Harry was using Draco's wand, the same wand Draco used to disarm the Elder wand - In Half-Blood Prince, (hardcover page 584 "He merely looked across at his disarmer and said, "Good Evening, Draco."). In that split second, it recognized the wand Harry was using was Draco's and it knew that Harry was now it's Master.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2493797;
    So any thoughts as to who the new Headmaster/Headmistress might've been at that point? McGonagall? Percy? Hagrid ()?
    JK Rowling said that there's a brand new Headmaster at Hogwarts at the time of the epilogue, as McGonagall was getting on in age. So it's someone we don't know.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

One of my friends just said that he would like to see a "prequel" kind of thing going back to the original 4 great wizards (Rowena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff, Godric Griffyndor, and Salizar Slytherin). I'd buy it.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2495181;
    One of my friends just said that he would like to see a "prequel" kind of thing going back to the original 4 great wizards (Rowena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff, Godric Griffyndor, and Salizar Slytherin). I'd buy it.
    I would, too! Originally, I thought a prequel of Voldemort's original rise to power (what happened with James and Lily et al, Snape, and Dumbledore)would be fun, but JK's explained so much of it in this series and the characters' flashbacks, etc, that I don't know what else could be done to make it anything more than it already is. A lot of questions were answered with book 7 that might have made a prequel like that worthwhile. But the founding of Hogwarts and the original four's split might make for good story-telling... I'd definitely buy it.

FORT Newbie

According to IMDB JK Rowling is working on two new books:

"Rowling Writing Two More Books

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix author J.K. Rowling is already working on two more books - only days after her final Harry Potter novel became the fastest-selling book in history. The millionaire writer has made a fortune from the hugely popular series - but she isn't ready to retire. She says, "I'm sort of writing two things at the moment. One is for children and the other is not for children. The weird thing is that this is exactly the way I started writing Harry... I was writing two things simultaneously for a year before Harry took over. So one will oust the other in due course, and I'll know that's my next thing." "

Just thought I would share that with you guys

Sweetie and I watched the interview with JK Rowling and Meredith Viera on Dateline last night! It was very interesting hearing how she made her decisions.

Did anyone else catch the interview?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

[lalateacher;2494199;]Does anyone know which character JKR referred to when she said "uses magic late in life, which is unusual"?

In a online Q & A today at bloomsbury.com (which will post the written log tomorrow) someone asked about the magic late in life. She said it was he intention to have that in and they would be admitted to Hogwarts late but she changed her mind. I assume by that it meant Dudley if it was to be Dudley I am very glad she changed her mind.

FORT Newbie

Thanks so much Laura! I've been on another web-site that was speculating maybe it was Merope in book 6......but now that we've heard it from JKR, we know the truth.

Loved that it wasn't just Harry destroying the horcruxes:

1. Diary - discovered and destroyed by Harry
    2. Ring - discovered and destroyed by Dumbledore
    3. Locket - discovered by Regulus Black and destroyed by Ron
    4. Goblet - discovered by the threesome and destroyed by Hermione
    5. Diadem - discovered by the threesome and destroyed by Crabbe's cursed fire
    6. Nagini - slain in front of all by NEVILLE! (my favorite one of all!)
    7. Voldemort - slain by himself when his own spell rebounded.

Loved the maturing of the relationship of Ron/Hermione.
    Loved the Dumbledore's Army continuing on, with Neville, Luna and Ginny taking over the leads.
    As I've told my girls, don't mess with Mrs. Weasley. LOVED HER!

Wish we'd have had a bit more information about what next ... ! How/when did Harry and Ginny approach Mr. and Mrs. Weasley about getting married?

What exactly were everyone's occupations?
    *Neville as Herbology Professor, I was happy with that.
    *But if Harry were in any kind of dangerous occupation then the master of the Elder Wand could change and that would defeat the purpose of letting it lapse back into a normal wand. Maybe he joined with George at Weasley's Wizardling Wheezes??
    *Did Ron get to be an auror??? What about Hermione and Ginny?? What about Luna/Dean/Seamus/etc. ???

MORE! MORE! MORE!!

I want to read Hogwarts, a History. I have ever since Hermione talked about it in Book One.

Loved the book, but still have questions. I know that one's imagination can fill in the blanks, but I'm still curious.

I think my rant is over, for now.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread