+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Harry Potter All Spoilers, All the Time Thread

Re: The Harry Potter All Spoilers, All the Time Thread

Those answers aren't from Rowling, though, they're EW's take. Which is why their answer about the Elder wand confuses me.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Okay. I cried at Hedwig's and Moody's deaths. I cried reading the whole final days of Dumbledore thing or whatever it was (can't remember where it was in the book). Other points that brought a lump to my throat were: Lupin and Harry's fight at the DOM, Ron storming out on a tearful Hermione and Harry, Harry watching Hagrid get carried off (seemingly to his death) by the spiders, Dobby's death, and of course when everyone suddenly realized that Harry finally defeated Voldemort and he laid down the Elder Wand on Dumbledore's old desk. I was upset by Dobby's death, not only because I loved Dobby in COS, but because there wasn't enough of him. He was in, what, 2 pages of story before Bellatrix killed him? Booo! Lupin and Tonk's deaths didn't upset me nearly as much as Fred. Reading the part where Percy refused to leave Fred's body so they could get out was heart-wrenching. I was very happy withy the way they ended the book 19 years later. With Harry and Ginny, and Ron and Hermione together and with children of their own. A bit shocked at the idea that Neville would be Professor of Herbology. The idea of it makes me smile a little. So any thoughts as to who the new Headmaster/Headmistress might've been at that point? McGonagall? Percy? Hagrid ()?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Newbie

Does anyone know which character JKR referred to when she said "uses magic late in life, which is unusual"?

Wow m so glad i got to join in here. The book was great and was sad in so many places. I was sad to see Hedwig die, she was amazing ... I loved her alot. I like Hermonie's brilliance and the book tied in so good.

Anyone know why the snitch opened when harry said " I am about to die?" it didnt make any sense to me with the "I open at the close".

Im SOOO Happy that Bellatrix died, although i wish it would have been Neville who had done it.
    Showing us the diadem in half blood prince was brilliant on rowlings part. Im just sad the book is over, the series .... if only there couldve been 8.

I think it meant "at the close of his life," the closing.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

That's what I got from it too. "I open at the close" to me meant that the snitch opens at the "close" of life. So when Harry said that he was about to die, it opened because Harry was reaching the "close" of his life.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

oh makes sense, thanks. =)

I am still enjoying the where Ron says to get the house elves to safety because they can't order them to fight to the death and Hermione jumps him and they start snogging. Of all the scenes in the book that is the one that makes me feel the happiest.

I liked that article. Now the Elder wand thing makes much more sense. Just finished the book for the second time and more little details just keep jumping out.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2494673;
    I liked that article. Now the Elder wand thing makes much more sense. Just finished the book for the second time and more little details just keep jumping out.
    Yeah, but I think they got that part wrong at EW. Harry was the rightful owner of the Elder Wand. He defeated Draco and took his wand back at the Malfoy house when Dobby rescued them. So, I think the Wand recognized Harry as its owner and wouldn't turn on him. At this point, Draco's wand would have had nothing to do with it.

+ Reply to Thread