+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Book #7

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarcusWelby;2302674;
    There will be slight language (jumper vs sweater) and editing differences in the US and UK versions. The UK versions don't have the chapter art and generally dont use a specific font for letters or other stuff. But the story is the same.
    Yes...that is what I meant when I said spelling variations

I maybe alone, but I have always wanted to see Hermione with Harry at the end, not Ron.
    You are not alone on that...trust me, I am right with you.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

okay, so I'm not nuts. Hermione just seems too intelligent for Ron. I know opposites attract, but Harry is a better match for her.

FORT Fanatic
    Oh I just love Harry with Ginny. I love that it would make him part of a family he loves and who loves him. I love that she resembles his Mom with the red hair and firey personality. I also love that Herimone and Ron combat eachother but love eachother too. This also makes her part of the same family that Harry would be part of so they are all together in the end. I love a good happy ending in that way. I really hope it goes that way in the end.

i am so happy and sad at the same time. happy for the next book and sad because it will be the last one.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2303099;
    Ok CC... Here's my thoughts.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the last line of the 1st chapter says he will always be known as the "boy who lived." Two things: live is past tense and it refers to him as "the boy" ... is there no "man" ?

ok... hope that comes out the right way

Killing off Harry, Ron and Hermione would be like killing off Nancy Drew or one of the Hardy Boys. Those are long lasting series with lots of cliff hangers. It's really too bad that the Harry Potter books have been made into films. There is little incentive for kids to plow through these long books since they will know the ending and it is easier to watch than to read.

Personally, I won't and haven't ever seen a film of a book that is one of my favorites. I like the pictures I have in my head and seeing the film would change that for all time.

Hmmm...interesting skyhigh.

Personally, I like the movies. I think the actors are well-cast and I'm glad that the principals have signed on for the final two movies.

And I'm glad that Hermione is not with Harry. It's just too trite. I hope she doesn't end up with him in the final book.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Skyhigh, you might want to reconsider seeing the first (SS) Harry Potter movie. It's very close to the book and I was totally blown away at my first sight of Diagon Alley - so much better than I had imagined, I was stunned.

When it comes to movies/books - I'll read a book first then see the movie UNLESS the movie is produced first and then a book is written from the screenplay. You get all sorts of additional tidbits that you didn't see/read before.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Depending on how I feel about the last book... I might see the movies after I finish it. Once you see the film, the actor's face supplants the one your mind made up and I'm not sure I want to change that. If the ending is disappointing, then I will probaby go back and see them all, in order.

I just started rereading all the book again. I have finished the first four in about 3 days and working on 5 now. I had forgotten how little l liked Harry in the later books, as he became self absorbed and whiny.

Still trying to figure out who she will kill off and what she considers to be a main character. I do think, that she would consider Percy a main character. He has been there since day one and has had quite a bit of time devoted to his character. Dumbledore and Sirius are already gone. That still leaves several "bad" guys... Snape, Malfoy and of course Voldemort to kill off. It might not be the "good guys" that she kills off.

FORT Fanatic
    I didn't really see Harry as self absorbed so much as incredibly angry and frustrated and rightly so. Mostly it was annoying that he just wouldn't get the help he needed but I guess that is part of being a teen and being impatient.

I love both the books and the movies. Mostly I think they have done a great job with the movies as well as can be done with all the material. There are always things I wish they did different or included or axed. I definately don't like the recast of Dumbledoore but apparently Peter O'toole turned it down and he was my first choice.

I think she will kill off more than two characters. I think she has just mentioned that two MAJOR characters get it whether they are good or bad remains to be seen. Surely Voldemort will be one don't you think?

Voldemort has to be one of the deaths. She can't let evil triumph over good. These are for children, for the most part, and that wouldn't send a very good message. She has certainly used the "phoenix rising from the ashes" metaphor quite a bit, so I would think that it will somehow figure into the end. The wizard world practically destroyed, but enough left to rebuild and someone riding off into the sunset.

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2310503;
    Voldemort has to be one of the deaths. She can't let evil triumph over good. These are for children, for the most part, and that wouldn't send a very good message. She has certainly used the "phoenix rising from the ashes" metaphor quite a bit, so I would think that it will somehow figure into the end. The wizard world practically destroyed, but enough left to rebuild and someone riding off into the sunset.
    I am curious how you see that she has used the phoenix rising from the askes metaphor. I have not noticed this... With the exception of voldemort (who doesn't really count in my book since phoenixes symbolize good and he is far from it). Peter was THOUGHT to be dead, but wasn't, so it isn't like he rose form the ashes.... and I cannot think what else would have elluded to this. But I would love to hear how you feel she has used it.
    "We're going to have to watch that again" - John Locke

+ Reply to Thread