+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Book #7

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar
    Consider also that they are at war... it is irrational to think that all the main charaters will make it through. Even if there is not some higher purpose to their death I think the needless death of a character could act to portray the cost of war. She has been known to make a poitical statement or two in her books at times.

Also... I am pretty sure more then 2 major characters will die. She said that she killed of 2 characters she wasn't initially planning on killing off and one got a reprieve. SO I am thinking that in her to do list of charater deaths (could be 10 for all we know)... one got taken off and two more got added on.

I would also be ok with Harry dying in the end... if she did it right. When he looked into the mirror of Erised in book 1 his deepest hearts desire was to be with his family... it could make for a beautifully heartbreaking ending. That being said I want to fab 4 to live (Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny). The rest I am ok with having to die (even if they are amongst my favorite charaters).

My top 2 choice on who will bite it (of the good guys) is Hagrid and either Arther or Percy (hopefully proving why he is a Gryffindore by saving the life of someone in his family)

I don't think Hermoine has a chance of dying, but I really don't think two kind of obscure characters like Arthur and Percy will die. I think J.K. Rowling means MAIN CHARACTERs really literally, which is scary. I think Harry could die, and maybe Ron could, but I don't think both. I'm pretty sure Snape will die, but it's hard to consider him a main character unless he gets a bigger part, otherwise, I'm almost positive he'll die protecting Harry. I don't know who else will die, though.
    You've heard of theater in the round? Well, you're looking at the man who invented theater in the square! Nobody had a good seat!"

-The Producers

Percy I will grant is a fairly side character (though hardly obscure since he has gotten page time in every single book)... but we have gotten to know him over 6 books. I personally would consider all of the Weasleys main characters (with the possible exception of Bill and Charlie... but Bill is coming to the forefront for his wedding so don't count him out yet)... since they are basically Harry's surrigate family. And having people like Molly and Arthur are EXTREMELY important in Harry's growth. Plus there is the whole scene with the Boggart in OOTP where Molly sees all of her family dead and Harry dead... could be some sort of forshadowing.

Also, would you not consider Remus Lupin a main character? I would... and I think Percy and Arthur have gotten just as much page time over the 6 books as Lupin.

Basically I think one of the Weasley's has to die and I refuse to believe that it could be Ron or Ginny. And it would be just too heart breaking to have one twin die and not the other. The reason I am saying it will be Percy or Arthur is because Percy still has to redeam himself for turning his back on his family and I could see him sacrificing himself at the last minute while telling his dad he's sorry. Or since Mr. Weasley tends to do a lot of things for the Order... I could see him getting killed in the line of duty. Mrs. Weasley rarely leaves the house (be it Grimmauld Place or the Burrow) so I think she is relatively safe, or at least as safe as a character can be.

There are a LOT of main characters. I think what she was meaning is she isn't going to kill off someone like the Aurur Dawlish and call it a main character.

My guess would be that any main characters killed off in part as a prophylactic measure would be among those that were around since the inception of the series, not primary figures who entered later.

A couple of the kids, in other words.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2274174;
    My guess would be that any main characters killed off in part as a prophylactic measure would be among those that were around since the inception of the series, not primary figures who entered later.

A couple of the kids, in other words.
    That may very well be the case, but I sincerely hope you are wrong.

For those who care:

Page count for Book 7..... 784 pages... American Edition... also the book is to be printed on recycled paper...

Scholastic made a press release earlier today... check Yahoo Finance to see whole article.

The cover art was revealed today. It is very cool. I want to get the US edition and the UK Adult version, which I have no idea how to get.

I didn't realize there was a US and UK edition. I wonder why there are two different editions?? Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2300806;
    I didn't realize there was a US and UK edition. I wonder why there are two different editions?? Anybody know?
    I guess there are different artists for different versions, there is also 2 different UK editions one "child" and one "adult" because apparently adults riding on the tube do not want to be seen reading a "children's book"

Quote Originally Posted by theatregirl25;2300801;
    The cover art was revealed today. It is very cool. I want to get the US edition and the UK Adult version, which I have no idea how to get.
    theatregirl25, I think Amazon has a UK website, but I don't know anything about ordering from it. Maybe JLuvs will see your post and respond. I think she usually gets the UK version.

+ Reply to Thread